I already made one previous post about this, but this is how the saga goes ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kye199 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Unexplainable 7130e issues. Help.

Advertisement

I already made one previous post about this, but this is how the saga goes on in my quest for help.

Preface: I bought a Verizon 7130e on Ebay. I activated it and used it for an entire day in which I successfully made about 5 out of 35 calls and received nothing. The icon arrows in the upper right hand corner only showed "uplink" when making a call, while the BB says "Connecting" then I would get "no service available" message after 15 seconds of trying to connect. I then reactivated my old LG and whilst messing around with the deactivated 7130 found out that when I made a test call NOT activated on the Verizon network I immediately got both arrows confirming uplink/downlink and a connected call that told me I had no Verizon service activated on that phone.

I activated this phone again tonight. Got through activation with both arrows showing... got through test call with both arrows showing... called my friend with both arrows showing, then sat down to watch TV for an hour.

Came back and tried going to mobile Ebay which didn't connect then tried to make a call and guess what, only one arrow showing uplink and again non-connected call. Reset. Nothing. Hard Reset. Nothing. Still can't call.

What gives?!

I have 3 bars of 1XEV and the phone CAN successfully make calls.

Re: Unexplainable 7130e issues. Help.

I live in Clearwater, FL... a "suburb" of Tampa Bay on the Gulf Coast and according to VZW's maps there shouldn't be a Verizon Wireless Service that I can't receive.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that my Verizon number is a 412 area code number yet I live in the 727 area code here in Clearwater. According to #000000 on my BB the host number is a 412 area code which is Pittsburgh, PA, where I'm from. Could it be when I activate it's communicating with the 727 Host Server for a short time then transfers to the 412?

That'd be messed up.

Arrow Re: Unexplainable 7130e issues. Help.

Now when I pull my 7130 out of the holster it's almost constantly blinking the "uplink" arrow in the upper right hand corner. Still no connect on calls. Also no longer showing 1XEV but just 1X still with 3-4 bars.