My story is quite baffling. It does give you some insights to the poor judgement ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

JMF1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Unbelievable: RIM refuses to support a deffective phone!

Advertisement

My story is quite baffling. It does give you some insights to the poor judgement of some companies theses days.
    I purchased an unlocked phone from Tigerdirect.com, the 7100i phone worked for several months before the microphone died. RIM is refusing to help me despite the fact that I am still under warranty! They blamed ATT (who did not even sell me the phone!). When that did not work, they blamed Tiger (who has nothing to do with deffective phones, unless it is DOA). When that did not work, a supervisor was assigned to my case. She claimed TIGER is not their customer and they do not support people who purchase phones through them. Can you imagine how low this is? Theses guys are selling thousands of phones through Tiger and they claim to not support deffective units!?

Go to Tigerdirect.com, search for RIM. You will find 3 RIM phones and you will also find a tech support phone number... from RIM!

Theses guys are a disgrace! RIM's management should be ashamed of such poor servicing to their customers. I only wanted to have a working phone, nothing else! They abused my trust in them and I have wasted all my time trying to... have a simple phone I have re-routed my entire sales team smart phone budget to the Palm Treo 680.
    </SPAN>

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

Re: Unbelievable: RIM refuses to support a deffective phone!

I'm sorry to hear that, you could have simply repaired your mic your self though.

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by slingshotzack View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, you could have simply repaired your mic your self though.
    It's probably not as much about the money as it is the principle. Once you feel screwed by a company/person, it's hard to say "oh well" and keep giving them your money.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by JMF1234 View Post
    My story is quite baffling. It does give you some insights to the poor judgement of some companies theses days.
    I purchased an unlocked phone from Tigerdirect.com, the 7100i phone worked for several months before the microphone died. RIM is refusing to help me despite the fact that I am still under warranty! They blamed ATT (who did not even sell me the phone!). When that did not work, they blamed Tiger (who has nothing to do with deffective phones, unless it is DOA). When that did not work, a supervisor was assigned to my case. She claimed TIGER is not their customer and they do not support people who purchase phones through them. Can you imagine how low this is? Theses guys are selling thousands of phones through Tiger and they claim to not support deffective units!?

Go to Tigerdirect.com, search for RIM. You will find 3 RIM phones and you will also find a tech support phone number... from RIM!

Theses guys are a disgrace! RIM's management should be ashamed of such poor servicing to their customers. I only wanted to have a working phone, nothing else! They abused my trust in them and I have wasted all my time trying to... have a simple phone I have re-routed my entire sales team smart phone budget to the Palm Treo 680.
    </SPAN>
    Not to throw fuel on the fire, but I think that the RIM statement that Tiger is not their customer may be accurate. RIM's customers are the Carriers. If you go to tiger's website, their site states that the warranty is only for 90 days from the manufacturer. I am betting that they are selling refurb'd units.

I also found this:
    PLEASE NOTE: [FONT=Verdana]All of our unlocked GSM phones come from around the globe. As such, features and accessories may vary. Some require US adapters. In some cases, language needs to be reset to English from the default language through manual setting on the phone. [/FONT]

In our experience here, no manufacturer will support an overseas phone sold in the US. The phone has to be returned to them market of origin (where it was supposed to have been sold) to file a warranty return or repair. I am surprised to see (but shouldn't be) that tiger is offering these units. All the above info was attained by looking at an unlocked 7290 on their website (the 7100's are not available there).

Zo

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

I too believe jmf1234 overreacted, especially in the light of the latest post. MY experience with RIM has been wholly positive. Maybe, some day in the future, they will yield and become like the...likes of Earthlink or Comcast or similar Scarlet Letter companies; for the moment though RIM has shown me every sign of being dedicated to helping its customers -- in reality, not just lip service.

Palm Treos are OK... but, for my money, they are not Blackberries .

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

My brother has always had unlocked phones and they always refuse cs here in the us. Anything he wants fixed or installed he has to do it himself. And he has lost couple of phones like that.
    ~posted via opera mini~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by JMF1234
    I really can't add anything more to what has already said other that to point out that just because you post a RIM Tech Support phone number on your website, doesn't mean that the Tech Support group will provide support to anyone that calls. There are certain requirements that RIM has established and if you don't qualify you won't get the service.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

sometimes cheap not the best way to go