Hello stackers! I have my 7100i with Nextel service which works fine, but shortly after ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping

Question Typing problem 7100i need help!!! Please!!!

Advertisement

Hello stackers!

I have my 7100i with Nextel service which works fine, but shortly after I updated the software i started to have some problems with my Yahoo Messenger Y G Talk too. When I have the phone in the holster, and someone contacts me there are sometimes that (in the 2 software’s) my phone won’t let me type, and it will freeze and after 30 sec. to 1 min later it would display an error saying: "input system error, system needs to be restarted." and after that it works, but if I place the phone in the holster again (the one with the magnet) then it happens over and over again, until I have to do a hard reset (take out the battery).

I backed up my phone and I tried reinstalling the Nextel software https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B9D5EE16489088 (which I already had installed some month ago) but I don’t see that it’s doing anything. It runs the install but nothing happens with the phone... strange to me. But I’m hoping that one of you pin stackers could help me!

One last remark, this doesn't happen when in BB messenger, only in the 2 software already mentioned.

Thanks a lot!
    You can pin me with any suggestion anytime!
    ___
    SFC. Megabite

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Re: Typing problem 7100i need help!!! Please!!!

I would have to say remove the apps, check your java version (which should be 4.1) make sure the apps you're running are up to date as well. It also sounds like the apps are hogging the memory as causing a crash, which means it's relying on a high source.

Also, delete your Yahoo Messanger from the Service books and resend it back for a new run. I hope this gives you a bit of an idea on what to do, and yet these apps should run smooth as I use them myself "all the time"
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

To know what application is crashing your system.....
    Press Alt+LGLG onyour blackberry device.
    and check your event log.
    it will tell you whats exactly going on your device.

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping

Thanks everyone for the comments and support, after the first comment I did something that I haven't done: i uninstalled both applications from the DM together with the radio software too (just in case) after that I performed a had reset (took off the battery for 20 min) and after that proceeded to reinstall both applications OTA. I've been using it ever since fine. Let's see how long it lasts.

Thanks reno84 & xaurav for your comments both ideas help me good in getting somewhere.

Ps loved the event log, are there any other shortcuts like that to view tech stuff of the BB?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~