Hi I look after the Blackberries in our company but am a long way of ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

willmarshall no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Trouble updgrading to os4.1

Advertisement

Hi

I look after the Blackberries in our company but am a long way of being an expert. I have previously upgraded a 7100v to os4.1 but am now trying to do it on another one and am having trouble.

I am starting to think that the actual handheld may be causing the problem. The handheld was orignially purchased from Vodafone Ireland. It is now in use in the UK, but still on Vodafone.

When I try and install the os the file installs sucessfuly. When I then go into the application loader there are no applications in their, old operating system or new. I have also uninstalled it and get exactly the same thing without the new os on their. Can anyone help me please.

Will

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Trouble updgrading to os4.1

Try this do a search on your computer for "Vendor.xml" and delete it.

Now connect the BB and start DM it should prompt you to update.

willmarshall no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for that. I found the file and moved it to my desktop for safe keeping. The loader worked fine. It's jsut restoring all my data and then I will be on my way.

Should I put the vendor.xml back into the folder it came from? I presume it just contains information on which country the device is enabled in?

Thanks again for your help. A very swift reply.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can keep the file if you wish, but the only thing I have seen it do is stop you from installing OS from one carrier to another.

Im Glad everything is up and running now.