Hi! I just got a Blackberry 7105t from Tmobile BUT there is no browser on ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bienvenidos no está en línea Stack level 1

Tmobile 7105t - no browser, no AIM, Ramble?

Advertisement

Hi!

I just got a Blackberry 7105t from Tmobile BUT there is no browser on it, and there is no AIM or Yahoo or anything; the promotions say it should have all this stuff but the actual phone doesn't. I spent a long time upgrading the operating system to the latest version on the tmobile website, yet I still have no messaging or internet features.

Also, I installed Ramble IM, and apparently Tmobile has rigged the whole phone so that you need to buy the blackberry plan, not just internet, to use these features.

Can anyone help? If I sign up for Internet by Tmobile, will these features pop up on my phone? Thanks.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Tmobile 7105t - no browser, no AIM, Ramble?

Hi bienvenidos,

When you sign up for the blackberry plan, they will send you "service books" to your phone that will install a browser icon and allow you to cruise the internet. I'm not sure why you don't have yahoo/aim/msn already, however i do know you can sign into your tmobile account online and download from tmobile the OZ client that tmobile uses. However, remember that you should really have some sort of Text Messaging Plan if you plan to use Tmo's version, because it uses SMS.

Hope this helps,
    Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

bienvenidos no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBerry
    Hi bienvenidos,

When you sign up for the blackberry plan, they will send you "service books" to your phone that will install a browser icon and allow you to cruise the internet. I'm not sure why you don't have yahoo/aim/msn already, however i do know you can sign into your tmobile account online and download from tmobile the OZ client that tmobile uses. However, remember that you should really have some sort of Text Messaging Plan if you plan to use Tmo's version, because it uses SMS.

Hope this helps,
    Jade
    Thanks so much! Your information has helped a lot. I have no idea why IM wasn't there, either, but I do have a text message plan so I really want to be able to use IM. I contacted Tmobile but, of course, no answer as of yet.

I actually tried sending the service books from the Tmobile website for the blackberry email client, but when I checked service books in settings, there wasn't anything there.

Thanks so much for your help. Tmobile is a real hassle.

Fernando C.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have heard that it can take up to 48 hours to provision your account for the BlackBerry Internet Service to begin working.

To use any other IM program except the preloaded OZ client, you will need the BIS acces.

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

T-Mobile told me that it would take up to 48 hours for the BB service to begin working, but i did a simple restart and they were there without the wait.