hello all i'm new here and to BB. i have a quick question, anyone know ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ric221 no está en línea Stack level 1

Time Zone Changes

Advertisement

hello all i'm new here and to BB. i have a quick question, anyone know way the bb does not change times when going from one time zone to another like the regular cell phones will. i travel often and kind of miss that function, as i do like to wear a watch. thanx 4 any help or repys that you all may have

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ric221, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't know why, but that's the way RIM Set it up. I don't mind, just have to remember to change Time Zones when I travel. Actually, I have never had a cell phone that changed time zones automatically.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ric221 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanx for the welcome and the replys

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok I'm driving to Arizona now. And the regular moto Cingular phone changed time as soon as we hit yuma. (from san Diego) and my blackberry didn't do anything? What?? Phone with super cool stuffs can't change time zones? Lol. I tried changing it to network. The network says the right time,on yhe options menu. but then on my home screen its not changing.. Weird..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You need to manually change the time zone in the Options>Date/Time Settings.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jb76006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Time Zone Changes

Well I DO mind. Have had nokias and motorolas and they handled it just fine as many of you have posted. I travelled from the Central zone to Arizona for a biz trip. I noticed that the time did not change, so I changed it and wound up 2 hours early for an appt because i did not realize that the calendar also moved up . So I set it back to Central. And when I went to bed I set the alarm to 6 AM....You guessed it. It went off at 4 AM local. This is absolutely naive and bush league on RIM's part. This MUST be fixed. RIM are you listening? Many of us who travel switched to the Pearl because of its size and features. As much as I love it, now I am looking at other phones.

fdic2b no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301331C0

Re: Time Zone Changes

I have bb 7130e and tryen to find out if it can connect to a USB port? tryen to upload some pics! anyone know?