Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the various message services that we have available ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Question Thoughts on message services

Advertisement

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the various message services that we have available to us. I have a 7105t with the T-Mobile bundle (Yahoo!, AOL, ICQ and MSN), as well as Blackberry Messanger. I know that many people use Ramble to consolidate some of their services. Let's list our thoughts to better inform new users like myself. Thanks for you thoughts.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Thoughts on message services

I have AOL, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, BlackBerry Messenger, and GoogleTalk for BlackBerry but don't really know many people from the forum who use anything other than BB Messenger or GoogleTalk,

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

My fav is IM+ from www.shapeservices.de

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

I tried IM+ but I'm on Verizon and it just kills my battery. What program do the other VZW 7130e BB users here use? I'm most interested in AIM...
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

For you all who use AOL, MSN or Yahoo, my new id is ericablackberry for all 3 once I create the AOL and MSN accounts.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by donmitchell
    I tried IM+ but I'm on Verizon and it just kills my battery. What program do the other VZW 7130e BB users here use? I'm most interested in AIM...
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I use ramble for AIM. Much better than the preinstalled version of AIM that you will get on your BB and easier to use. However, it must have a small bug because at times it will vibrate when I have a message, and at times it won't. Have the same problem with BB messenger too, but I have learned to live with it.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I would reccomend ramble if all you want is AIM.
    On my BB any messaging program runs down the battery, and I am on TMobile. I only stay logged in as needed instead of all the time.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Thanks for all of your comments, I hope that at some time we will be able to have one service, similat to Ramble that will let us use all messaging software through one system and if we are not charged additional fees (for IM charges) that would be a plus too.

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

I'd just like to add that I really like Verichat....I've been using the trial and it's pretty easy to use and has lots of features.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by mbwilson
    Thanks for all of your comments, I hope that at some time we will be able to have one service, similat to Ramble that will let us use all messaging software through one system and if we are not charged additional fees (for IM charges) that would be a plus too.
    I downloaded Ramble because someone told me that it wouldn't do a per message charge if you used it to send AIM's. Is that right or I am about to have a big shock when I get my next phone bill?