Hi all, Im new to this forum so if I place my following question in ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

DanishViking no está en línea Stack level 1

Question The option for restrict my number is gone after OS upgrade?

Advertisement

Hi all,

Im new to this forum so if I place my following question in the wrong spot then Im sorry.

Anyway I hope that you wonderful people in this forum can help me with my problem or atleast clarify it a little bit.

After having read the threads about how to upgrade my BB 7100v to the software version 4.1.0.292 I went ahead and did it. I did this to be able to synchronize my phonebook with my Parrot system in the car. Everything went well - I now have my phonebook working well with the Parrot system - thanks to the good guidelines on this site. But now I have noticed - after a while - that the option where I can hide my device phone number from a contact when making a call is gone?

Before I did the upgarde I used to be able to activate or de-activate it: in the phone options/General options/Restrict my identity yes/no. This option is now gone after the upgrade?

Have any of you guys experienced something like this before?

Can it be fixed?

Can I fix it myself or do I need to go and see my BB phone provider (Vodafone-TDC Denmark)?

It is not a major problem for me as such - I can live with it the way it is but it was a nice tool to have when calling certain customers where you didnt want to give away you phone number.

Any help on the issue is appriciated.

With Kind Regards

DanishViking

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: The option for restrict my number is gone after OS upgrade?

Its under PHONE-> General Options->

Michael

DanishViking no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi mikadad and thank you for the reply.

Im aware of the fact that it should be under Phone -> Options -> General Options!

But as I wrote above it is gone after I did the software upgrade.

After the upgrade I only have the following under Phone -> Options -> General Options:
    - Auto Answer Calls...
    - Confirm Delete...
    - Phone List View...
    - Show "My Number"...
    - Default Call Volume...

The Restrict my number used to be in this list before I made the software upgrade.

Anyone out there who have an idea about why it is gone from the list?

paulopina no está en línea Stack level 1

I have exactly the same problem. I upgraded a 7290 blackberry to the latest device software and the option has also dissapeared. Spoke to vodafone who advised me that i should contact RIm. They have however told me a service commadn which you can do from your blackberry to do restrict the identity without having to go to the options menu

bbpimpin no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 7130e, should I upgrade to a newer OS? how do I know what one I have now?

jwilliams386 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 7100i... I was wondering if anyone knows if I have the option to restrict my number.