Below is an Email from T-Mobile UK after I submitted a request to have my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

T-Mob 7130 Can't be unlocked from the network

Advertisement

Below is an Email from T-MobileUK after I submitted a request to have my 7130 unlocked. Has anyone else had trouble unlocking a 7130 or is this an "unusual" case. I even sent a picture of the IMEI label so they have all information about the BB, no way to get the info wrong. Can RIM really not be able to unlock a Blackberry? If this is the case it sucks big time !!

I want to install a dual SIM adapter so that I can use one Blackberry for Company email / phone calls (T-Mob) and private phone calls (02) at the weekend without having to physically change SIMs

Does anyone have experience using one of the companies offering BB online unlocking services that they can recommend?

Hi Jock,
    I've just received an e-mail from the admin department and they have informed me that blackberry have no unlocking pin for your handset. So unfortunately this will be something we will be unable to arrange.
    Many apologies
    Lee Halliday
    Business Account Support
    T-Mobile

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mob 7130 Can't be unlocked from the network

Quote Originally Posted by jock
    Below is an Email from T-MobileUK after I submitted a request to have my 7130 unlocked. Has anyone else had trouble unlocking a 7130 or is this an "unusual" case. I even sent a picture of the IMEI label so they have all information about the BB, no way to get the info wrong. Can RIM really not be able to unlock a Blackberry? If this is the case it sucks big time !!

I want to install a dual SIM adapter so that I can use one Blackberry for Company email / phone calls (T-Mob) and private phone calls (02) at the weekend without having to physically change SIMs

Does anyone have experience using one of the companies offering BB online unlocking services that they can recommend?

Hi Jock,
    I've just received an e-mail from the admin department and they have informed me that blackberry have no unlocking pin for your handset. So unfortunately this will be something we will be unable to arrange.
    Many apologies
    Lee Halliday
    Business Account Support
    T-Mobile
    this does happen occasionally... was your device definately supplied by T-Mobile UK? I had one instance of this recently where the device had been bought from ebay and was a RIM prototype that had obviously come out of the backdoor and couldn't be unlocked.

Doesn't have to be this tho, sometimes devices that have been bought via 3rd party phone shops.. CPW, Phones 4u etc.. can't be unlocked.
    Miles.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Re: T-Mob 7130 Can't be unlocked from the network

Miles

Could not be anymore T-mob if it tried, came in security sealed T-mob packaging with T-mob branding, literature and firmware from a T-mob reseller!!

I am sure RIM have the ability to low level reload a BB but just don’t offer the service outside the factory. Unless anyone knows differently!!