I put a new battery in my 7100i and the screen came on with a ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ivanburl no está en línea Stack level 1

Stuck on Battery with red slash

Advertisement

I put a new battery in my 7100i and the screen came on with a picture of a battery with a red slash across the battery. Seeing this I pulled the new battery and put the original battery back in the BB. The picture of the battery with the red slash across it is the only activity going on with the BB now. I have pulled and reinstalled the original battery many times trying for a reboot and it always ends up with the same battery picture.

I tried to connect to my desktop and dump the BB with JL_CMDER and this did not work. I do not believe the desktop is seeing the BB while this picture is on the BB.

Any suggestions how to revive my BB?

Thank you,
    ivanburl

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Stuck on Battery with red slash

Leave it plugged in with the good battery for a while. I had this happen recently on a BlackBerry that sat for more than a month without being charged, and it seems like all it wanted was a little attention!
    JerryD

ivanburl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Stuck on Battery with red slash

Thanks for the tip. I spent the day at Sprint/Nextel today and ended up replacing the BB. I had tried extended charging without success. I was told by the person at S/N likely too much moisture had over the years been an issue causing my current problems. Glad to hear you were able to get your BB back working!

Thanks again.