I have a 7105T with BB Messenger and a downloaded theme on my handset, but ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

MJRetro23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Speeding up 7105T

Advertisement

I have a 7105T with BB Messenger and a downloaded theme on my handset, but it seems to run rather slow. What applications can I delete from my device that will make it faster? I see on the application list all of the foriegn languages listed, can I delete those?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Speeding up 7105T

you can delete the foreign languages if you don't use them.

Will that speed up my handheld? Anything else that I can get rid of?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by MJRetro23
    I have a 7105T with BB Messenger and a downloaded theme on my handset, but it seems to run rather slow. What applications can I delete from my device that will make it faster? I see on the application list all of the foriegn languages listed, can I delete those?
    My 7105t is as fast as any other 7105t I've seen...

It has never even crossed my mind to download a ringtone or a theme .

I prefer to SMS or PIN people rather than use a Messenger [I don't have BB Messenger...and I just remembered I have NOT gotten rid yet of the 4 messengers that came loaded, AOM, ICQ, MSN, Y... I'll do that next ].

Moreover, and this may be heretical, I have NOT upgraded my BB operating system, having heard that doing so would sacrifice some speed.

Of course, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by gkast1
    My 7105t is as fast as any other 7105t I've seen...

It has never even crossed my mind to download a ringtone or a theme .

I prefer to SMS or PIN people rather than use a Messenger [I don't have BB Messenger...and I just remembered I have NOT gotten rid yet of the 4 messengers that came loaded, AOM, ICQ, MSN, Y... I'll do that next ].

Moreover, and this may be heretical, I have NOT upgraded my BB operating system, having heard that doing so would sacrifice some speed.

Of course, YMMV.
    Do you think I should reload the older version, the 309?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

I never tried going back to an older version, so I can't say whether it is worth the trouble or not. I still have the original 4.0.2.xx system that came with the BB; I asked around (here in PS) about the T-Mobile-recommended upgrade and it transpired that its benefits were in areas I do not use, while there would have been a slight overall slowdown...so I decided against it. Maybe you can post what your system is and ask for the opinions of those of us who have it, or have had it. (I'm not quite sure what you mean by the lone "309").

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Our 7100's are much happier on the 4.0 os's. When they run 4.1, they tend to bog down and go much slower.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~