Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well Needless to say SPAM is everywhere now I’ve got it on my Blackberry. I ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

MORTGAGESAVE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A4C37E

SPAM on my Blackberry NO!!!!

Advertisement

Well Needless to say SPAM is everywhere now I’ve got it on my Blackberry. I called Nextel to let them know they say its been happening to a lot of customers. I don’t understand I NEVER use that email address for anything except when emailing people I know. I never use it to sign up for anything I keep to myself. Someone HELP!!!!!! :cry: :cry: ..I'm going to TRY to filters but I dont know.

Anyone else having this issue? Solutions??
    Last edited by cp6169; 11-17-2006 at 09:52 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I feel your pain. It seems to be a growing problem for BIS users. I'm sure by now RIM is looking into updating their heuristics for their BIS server SPAM discovery.

for now read here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...u_how_you.html

PIN/ID
    31A4C37E
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    I feel your pain. It seems to be a growing problem for BIS users. I'm sure by now RIM is looking into updating their heuristics for their BIS server SPAM discovery.

for now read here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...u_how_you.html

Thanks a lot Hayden that Helped a lot!! I wish this kinda stuff didnt happen

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I wish this kinda stuff didnt happen
    Don't we all.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MORTGAGESAVE
    Well Needless to say SPAM is everywhere now I've got it on my Blackberry. I called Nextel to let them know they say its been happening to a lot of customers. I don't understand I NEVER use that email address for anything except when emailing people I know. I never use it to sign up for anything I keep to myself. Someone HELP!!!!!! :cry: :cry: ..I'm going to TRY to filters but I dont know.

Anyone else having this issue? Solutions??
    that title cracked me up . 6 months no spam last week or so mondo spam

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    So far I think I have set up 7 filters to PUT THE SMACK DOWN ON THOSE JABRONI'S that SPAM my BB! It's working well so far!!!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    If you check out the "to" addresses, you'll notice most are to other bb addresses as well. That's what is most shocking to me. I get roughly 20 a day now. I've had this problem for about a month.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    I went into my BIS and changed my email address, just added a dot in the middle of my name. You could do that unless it is vital for you to keep that email address.

PIN/ID
    31A4C37E
    Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    So far I think I have set up 7 filters to PUT THE SMACK DOWN ON THOSE JABRONI'S that SPAM my BB! It's working well so far!!!
    7 Filters Dam I do NOT look forward to that at ALL!!

I wish we could put the Smack Down turn the tables on the spammers

Do they really think people are going to buy these items or invest or whatever the heck they are pitching

DOWN with SPAMMERS

PIN/ID
    31A4C37E
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I went into my BIS and changed my email address, just added a dot in the middle of my name. You could do that unless it is vital for you to keep that email address.
    that does sound like a good idea but aren't we just delaying the inevitable wont they just get that address too??

lmc0434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B09322
    I have a dot in my email address and dosnt work for long.

PIN/ID
    31A4C37E
    Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    I spoke too soon Woke up this morning had to creat ANOTHER filter

I HATE SPAM

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002
    The problem that I have been having is with spam text messages - I ususally get 1 per day, and since I have pay-as-you-go text messaging it isn't very good. Nextel has told me twice that they blocked it (text messaging on my phone) and the last time I called they told me that it was impossible to block it....Luckily (knock on wood) I haven't been getting the spam e-mails yet.....

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Yeah, I've opened sooo many new bank accounts to receive megafunds from Nigerian "businessmen" with hotmail accounts. The incidence of this has definitely increased and it would be good to see what BB are doing about it.PC programs like Norton seem unable to help. I'm on the verge of banning all emails from Hotmail and Yahoo....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote Originally Posted by brentlyeve
    The problem that I have been having is with spam text messages - I ususally get 1 per day, and since I have pay-as-you-go text messaging it isn't very good. Nextel has told me twice that they blocked it (text messaging on my phone) and the last time I called they told me that it was impossible to block it....Luckily (knock on wood) I haven't been getting the spam e-mails yet.....
    It is very possible to block text messaging, I do it all the time for customers. If they remove pay as you go text you cant send or recieve them. Let me know if you need further help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast