Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I have some questions that I could not find anywhere on how to do, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

djk80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry I'm a new user, I have some questions.

Advertisement

Ok, I have some questions that I could not find anywhere on how to do, I have a 7130e. First off and most important is how do I change the icons on my little "main page" like enterprise activation, messages, blackberry messenger, and wap browser. Like how do I take some of these little links off. I don't use all of them and someone told me there was a way to take the ones you don't use off.

- Second question is when i got my phone through my service provider they setup my blackberry email up on my phone. I do not know how to add other email accounts besides just getting them to forward to my blackberry.

-Last question is how do I find my "pin" ?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Sorry I'm a new user, I have some questions.

Welcome to the Stacks DJK80:

1) For programs that you don't use, it's best to delete them - Options/Advanced Options/Applications, then go to the program you want to delete, press the trackwheel and select delete.

If you can't delete (or don't want to), go to the icon you want to Hide, hold the ALT key and press the trackwheel. Then select "Hide Application" and it will dissappear.

2) To add an email address, go to the "Set up Internet E-Mail" Icon and follow the links to add a new address.

3) To find your PIN, go to Options Icon and click on "Status" and it will be there.

Thanks, I thought maybe there would be an easier way to customize that main screen without having to delete the program to get it off the main screen. Also "Setup Itnernet email" does not exist, I've tried looking for soemthing simple like that. All my email/sms's and everything just come into "messages" I don't really know how to setup multiple emails or folders and stuff like that.

Also I have another question I was going to look around the site some more but you guys jsut seem super helpful, I will ask and look around as well. But anyways, on the messages window is there an easier way to go all the way back up to the top of all your new messages, because I have a ton of messages and it takes so long to scroll down really far, and if you want to go back up you have to keep moving that wheel back up. I had to sit there for like 3 minutes straight once just moving that wheel up to get back to the top.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I don't have a 7130, someone will come along shortly to help you with the email set up.

When in your messages, hitting "T" will bring you to the top of the list, "B" will bring you to the bottom.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I know that if you can get the Zen Theme on your device there are ways to hide and sort various icons. That might take some hacking up of your device but there are several threads on there that can walk you through it. Just make sure you backup everything before you attempt this. The first time i completly hosed up the BB and had to restore everything.
    Welcome to pinstack.

Ah I was just playing around with it figure it out. The "e" button takes you to the top. The "d/f" button takes you down just by the day, and the "c/v" button takes me all the way to the bottom. Thanks for the hints though .

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslack
    I know that if you can get the Zen Theme on your device there are ways to hide and sort various icons. That might take some hacking up of your device but there are several threads on there that can walk you through it. Just make sure you backup everything before you attempt this. The first time i completly hosed up the BB and had to restore everything.
    Welcome to pinstack.

I'll probably just backup the BB and than delete a couple of things I do not think I will use. Also I will look around a little bit for some other software I need to figure out how to get msn on this bad boy

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by djk80
    I'll probably just backup the BB and than delete a couple of things I do not think I will use. Also I will look around a little bit for some other software I need to figure out how to get msn on this bad boy
    there are a few threads about the best IM clients, might want to check them out
    IM+ and Verichat are great, but both are pay. There is something called eMSN but to be blunt, i think it sucks.
    You also might want to look around for a method of using MSN through Yahoo IM, which they make for BB provided you don't have Cingular (BIS not BES)
    you'll quickly find that the amount of things availible for BB's is staggering. I've used one for several years and i'm still amazed by some of the things i find.

on that note, there are also a few threads on some of the best applications for BB. Worth a look.

I will check it out. The only problem with having so much software is a lot of sub-par programs. The main thing having a 7130e though is the nice big screen. Trying to find a good "msn" program to work with that so I just dont have a program where its a text application

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Check out the demo of IM+
    i think it lasts for 30 days and they you have to pay for it
    it's resonably priced for what you are getting

Thanks, also I notice the browser on the blackberry doesn't pickup some webpages correctly, and display them properly. Also sometimes misses over some pictures. Because of the website not being displayed correctly and harder to navigate I have avoided using the blackberry to surf. Anyway to fix this?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by djk80
    Thanks, also I notice the browser on the blackberry doesn't pickup some webpages correctly, and display them properly. Also sometimes misses over some pictures. Because of the website not being displayed correctly and harder to navigate I have avoided using the blackberry to surf. Anyway to fix this?
    Try using the Opera Mini browser. It is free and works on many of the pages that don't come up on the Blackberry Browser.

You can find it here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...id=3&linkid=35

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

i'm personally not a fan of opera mini but it does render pages that the default blackberry browser cannot

I'll give it a shot. I just thought the blackberry did that to load the packages a little more efficiently and there could be an option to load them the same. However I guess there is not.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

djk80, welcome to PinStack.

You might want to check you settings under the Browser Options/Browser Configuration to see if you can set it up to show those images. Some will, some won't

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast