And first thing had to reload the OS. Then I tried to register it with ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

stever298 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40163c2a

So I bought a 7100i on ebay...

Advertisement

And first thing had to reload the OS. Then I tried to register it with BIS and it said the pin and hmei already are with an existing account. Come to find out, the phone was red flagged as missing in Chicago, same place the seller is from. My guess is they sold the phone on ebay, called Nextel and reported it stolen to get a brand new replacement. My efforts to contact the seller were unsuccessful, making my theory ring true. I filed a claim with paypal explaining the situation, and in the end , ended up getting a full refund, and keeping the phone. It seems the phone is now useless unless I want it as a phone call only phone. So my question is, is there any other way to retrieve messages/send text messages/email than through bis?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: So I bought a 7100i on ebay...

It could be that the phone WAS stolen and the person who stole it sold it to you on ebay. I wouldnt necessarily blame the former owner.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: So I bought a 7100i on ebay...

Welcome to pinstack. If you contact the lost & stolen department they can, might not, but can remove it for you. 18669040474