Hey guys, I got my 7100i replaced as the otherone turned into a brick. I ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

SkyDrmline no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4014A229

SMS vs. MMS problems....confused?

Advertisement

Hey guys, I got my 7100i replaced as the otherone turned into a brick. I have two issues.

1. The voicemail indicator keeps telling me I have 1 VM. But when I call it says I have none. I have reset the event log and pulled the battery but it still remains. How do I fix this?

2. On my 1st 7100i when I got an mms or sms it always displayed the persons name in the "inbox" if they were in my contact list. Today I got a few text messages and only the ppls phone numbers, no address book names. Later, uhad a friend send me a picture and his name popped up in the inbox along with the envelope icon with a blue triangle.

I noticed that the msgs that only had phone numbers had the same envelope but with a white triangle. How do I get the BB to list all of my txt msgs with my address book entries as notifiers??? Its driving me nuts because my old one did it by listing all new txts with my address book entires as notifiers.

Thanks
    D

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    1. Are you 100% cirtain it's voicemail indicator? If yes then you can have your carrier reset the VM service and that will clear it. It sounds like this may be a browser push alert.

brb.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDrmline
    Hey guys, I got my 7100i replaced as the otherone turned into a brick. I have two issues.

1. The voicemail indicator keeps telling me I have 1 VM. But when I call it says I have none. I have reset the event log and pulled the battery but it still remains. How do I fix this?

2. On my 1st 7100i when I got an mms or sms it always displayed the persons name in the "inbox" if they were in my contact list. Today I got a few text messages and only the ppls phone numbers, no address book names. Later, uhad a friend send me a picture and his name popped up in the inbox along with the envelope icon with a blue triangle.

I noticed that the msgs that only had phone numbers had the same envelope but with a white triangle. How do I get the BB to list all of my txt msgs with my address book entries as notifiers??? Its driving me nuts because my old one did it by listing all new txts with my address book entires as notifiers.

Thanks
    D

PIN/ID
    4014A229
    Thanks hay! I called customer service and they indeed had to reset my vm and sent me a test VM which solved the problem. Now......any ideas on that pesky txt msg issue I'm having?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Are you sure they are actually text messages the way they are sending them to you and not MMS messages? If I am not mistaken, whenever someone sends an MMS message, it will always show up as just the phone number, even if that persons name is in your address book, but I can't be 100% certain on that.

Mine is different: Text messages appear as "orangeish/yellow" envelopes. MMS messages show up as the little blue triangle looking thingies.

PIN/ID
    4014A229
    Yea the msgs that I receive that are untagged are just txt msgs. The one picture msg I received was tagged with my address book entry....

My 1st 7100i with older system software would display ALL msgs with my address book entries for the respective ppl that sent them, that is to say ireegardless of sms OR mms msgs. I just want that back. Anyone have any ideas??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Does the 7100i have an option for smart dialing in the Phone Apps Options? If so, make sure the settings are correct for your locale.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    4014A229
    Yes I made sure the smart dialing was set up correctly....but that didn't help. Had to call sprint, have them re provision my txt related stuff and then pull the batt 3 times in a row....what a mess!!!

But I still love my BB.....

Btw thanks for the input guys and girls! This is a real nice forum ya'll got here.

D