Is there a way to add a sig line to my SMS msg on my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

SMS sig line???????

Advertisement

Is there a way to add a sig line to my SMS msg on my bb 7130e with sprint? I know on my other phones I could but I dont see how to do that on this one. Can someone help me with this real simple question?

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: SMS sig line???????

I am researching it right now. I know that the auto signature only gets attached to emails NOT SMS. I have not found any settings to add a sig file for SMS. I'll keep searching. Perhaps bumping this up will catch someone else's eye.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I dunno...I have never tried...however one thing I have noticed is that BB's can send very long SMS messages, however most phones can't get over a certain # of letters, so its kinda hard composing long SMS messages to someone...So if you can add a sig, I would recommend keeping it short.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

What we usually do is use auto text. For example, if you want to write "Thank You, Have A Nice Day!" You can create an auto text with the letters "ABC", so when you type ABC you will populate "Thank You, Have A Nice Day"! Hopet his helps!

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes. You can set up sig for your email or sms in the autotext. Have a unique name for your work or personal sig like p_sig or w_sig.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

You can send an email to your receipient's phone as a text message with teleflip, then use your email signature. But I'll second what N8 said, I get unsendable errors if I go over 2 or 3 lines of text, while the BB will handle it all day long, other phones won't.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

SMS was designed to do 160 characters

However, as phones evolved and texting exploded in popularity, device makers started to support multi-page SMS messages.

But that is the device side, the carrier side also needs to be compliant.

My 71xx BB's would display 918/1 in the compose SMS screen. As the text gets long, the "characters remaining" would decrease, the first number. The second number is the pages count. If you have 200 characters, the display would read "718/2".

But, if your carrier doesn't support multi-page SMS, it will throw out the extra.

If the receiving device doesn't support multi-page SMS, the texts will be received individually and will appear disjointed. Often times, they will be received out of order.

The biggest problem arises with inter-carrier messages. Because there is often a noticeable delay in SMS delivery when inter-carrier; especially international.

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

thanks for the help i will give it a try.......any more ideas?