Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Akwatic I had the same issue on my 7520 with Nextel as ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: SMS messages - who sent them?!?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Akwatic
    I had the same issue on my 7520 with Nextel as I do with my 7100i with Nextel...and my solution has always been to remind people to sign their messages...one time this girl from out of town came in and apparently texted me but I had no idea who sent it so I didn't even know whe was in town ...maybe I should call Nextel and see whats up
    i think you should contact nextel. I mostly text and never had probs. on my 7100i.

tzabian no está en línea Stack level 1

Currently, you are not able to send sms messages from a blackberry unit over the iDen/Mike network. Your service provider should have a link on their corporate BB homepage under 'Tools' which will allow you to send a message through the web browser. iDen/Mike does not transmit sms header information like GPRS/PCS does. This is what causes the sender information to be lost. There is no apparent fix for this in the near future.

RIM Technical Support Consultant

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

nahhhhhhh not true i sms all the time using teleflip and they can reply to me even if they are in other networks that including sprint... i can see their names in the sms they send and i have the screens to prove it...

ericglobe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4015c7aa

I work for Telus Mobility here in canada and i do have this issue with my 7100i (as well as the 7520). As mentionned in the previous comments, when receiving SMS messages, the handset doesn't show any of the sender's information. I have been told by RIM support does that they do not have an immediate solution to this problem. It's a real hassle...

rudeboy3 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a 7100i Nextel and I can see who is sending a text

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks for jumping in rudeboy, and welcome to pinstack.com! I think the above problem only exists for some people. I work for Nextel and have never experienced this problem until about a week ago. A customer came in and was telling me about the same situation, and I had no idea how to fix it. I actually witnessed the problem. I did notice he was on OS 4.0, I offered to upgrade him to OS 4.1 to solve the problem, but he had to go somewhere. I asked him to come back to tell me if the problem is solved when he upgrades, hope to see him soon.

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

Quote Originally Posted by ericglobe
    I work for Telus Mobility here in canada and i do have this issue with my 7100i (as well as the 7520). As mentionned in the previous comments, when receiving SMS messages, the handset doesn't show any of the sender's information. I have been told by RIM support does that they do not have an immediate solution to this problem. It's a real hassle...
    wich os do you have... maybe is like cp says a 4.0 os trouble and maybe upgrading will make the problem go away

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

This problem only happen in Telus in Canada I'm working for them too and MIKE has this problem with their blackberry I've never seen someone in Canada that has a BB on iDen that receive the name from the sender of the sms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12