Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have this issue on my 7100i and I also had it on my 7520...when ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Akwatic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    402F57CA

Question SMS messages - who sent them?!?

Advertisement

I have this issue on my 7100i and I also had it on my 7520...when you receive an SMS text message, the From field is blank...you don't know who sent the message unless they sign it...any plans to get this corrected anytime? Is this service provider specific? I use Nextel.

Also a helpful hint to those who didn't know...you can send SMS messages to anybody even though its not an option from your BlackBerry menus...just create an additional email address for the person's contact information that is their 10 digit phone number @ teleflip.com...for example 7045551212@teleflip.com would send a text message to the number 704-555-1212...regardless of their carrier the teleflip should get them the message

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: SMS messages - who sent them?!?

I see who sent my SMS messages on both my 7100 and now on my 8700, with Tmobile. Most people were in my address book, so I see thier name. I have never had one with a blank from... sounds like it might be a provider issue.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    402F57CA

yeah...and sometimes if i send one and then receive a reply, i know who its from...but i don't have that as an option when i click on a contact...i can call, email, mms, etc...but no sms

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

In regards to not showing who is sending you the text message. You have an issue with your Berry. It always shows the name of the person who is sending you the message, or if they are not in your address book it will show their number. On Monday give BlackBerry Support a call, 18662751072, and they will correct the issue. Hope this helps.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have had instances where, after a device wipe, it will show the phone number of the contact, instead of the name, and that's only because I forgot to re-add them to my address book. Same thing with PINs (not thru BB Messenger but thru "Messages").

But I have had instances where, in BB Messenger, a person's PIN will show up as a contact until I either send them a PIN or they PIN me, then their Contact Name shows up.

seann no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi There,

Nextel, (As with MIKE in Canada) does not offer Full Text Messaging support on their BlackBerry devices. As a result you cannot see the sender unless they sign it.

There is nothing you can do, except ask that your friends sign their messages. This is known problem with Iden providers.

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I have a 7100i on nextel and had none ,of the problems listed above. The only onr i do have is it'll say content not retrieved yet. But i hit retrieve now and it comes through just fine.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by seann
    Hi There,

Nextel, (As with MIKE in Canada) does not offer Full Text Messaging support on their BlackBerry devices. As a result you cannot see the sender unless they sign it.

There is nothing you can do, except ask that your friends sign their messages. This is known problem with Iden providers.
    This is absolutely not true...did you make that up or did someone say this. Im just curous who would make such an accusation without validating first. I know tons of people that have BB's with Nextel and it always shows you the number of the person who has sent you a text message.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    This is absolutely not true...did you make that up or did someone say this. Im just curous who would make such an accusation without validating first. I know tons of people that have BB's with Nextel and it always shows you the number of the person who has sent you a text message.
    Hi There,

I know from experience, especially with MIKE/TELUS. Head on over to http://nextel.howardforums.com and ask some of the users.

If the user chooses NOT to sign or add an RSVP then their number (called the headers of the message) are stripped.

Check http://telus.howardforums.com and ask some MIKE users too.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    No I did not make it up either.

jam2323 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30450F26

seann I have a 7520 with nextel and it was doing the same for me and I had to remind people to sign there text so I knew who they came from but I called nextel last week and now I can mms on my blackberry and now it shows up when people text me but it didn't for a while you're right about that.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

My boss has a 6510, nothing older than that, lol.. It does text fine, shows the number and all. Could it be in the software version? I still think its a device specific issue, meaning it happens to some devices not others.

Hm.. I don't know thats a good question. If it were software you would hope that they would fix it.

Ive seen the issue with 7510's, 7520's and 7100i's.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I wish I could duplicate this problem. I have tried with at least 10 Berry's and they all perform text properly. The second I see this I will be more help. sorry

PIN/ID
    402F57CA

I had the same issue on my 7520 with Nextel as I do with my 7100i with Nextel...and my solution has always been to remind people to sign their messages...one time this girl from out of town came in and apparently texted me but I had no idea who sent it so I didn't even know whe was in town ...maybe I should call Nextel and see whats up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast