i can't get my BB simulator to work. i've tried a hundred times, gotten different ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

MAJORAHOLE no está en línea Stack level 1

Simulator problems

Advertisement

i can't get my BB simulator to work. i've tried a hundred times, gotten different java progs. and nothing. multiple simulator packages from BB website. nothing.
    i open it, and i get the hour glass. then(while the hour glass is there) it says debugger attaching. then thats it. nothing else. can anyone help me?? i looked over the how-to, but its a little vauge. i havn'e tried in a while cause everytime i try to get on to this forum it goes REAL slow, and 90% of the time i try to go to a page its says, "server is busy try again later" ?? i dunno. so it took me about 25mins just to get to this page to type in the message. but when i'm not logged in it runs normal and fast???
    anyways i would really appreciate some help on this subject.
    thank you
    jeff

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Simulator problems

If you're running Java 1.6, uninstall it and return the system back to using 1.5.0 (or whatever the previous to latest version is). My development workstation displayed the same behavior shortly after a JDK upgrade. Returning back to the previous 1.5.x JDK did the trick.
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

is this where you get the 1.5?? which one should i d/l? i think i got this before.
    http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2

You can check which version you are running by opening up a command window and typing java -version to see which version of the JRE you are running.

The JDK, per-se is not the issue, it's the JRE (User runtime) that influences the way the RIM IDE operates (it also depends on DirectX).

Please note, that this may not be your issue at all. It's just a problem that I had, which was simiar to yours, and was fixed with the solution I provided above.
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

does the correct JRE comewith the JDK when i d/l it?
    if anyone has links to the correct places to get these things it would be great.