Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I'm supposed to go pick up my new BB tomorrow. I just spoke with ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

secretfox no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Should I buy the BB7100i

Advertisement

So I'm supposed to go pick up my new BB tomorrow. I just spoke with a rep from Nextel however who said that the BB 7100i is a pile and not to waste my money. I have a cell and pda now and I want them combined. Especially for when my fiance' deploys to Iraq next month I need him to be able to message or email me and me get it immediatly. As a mortgage broker I would like to be able to have all my contacts and info in one. But now I'm nervous that I'm going to have more problems with it then I do my regular nextel.. any advice?

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Should I buy the BB7100i

Is your Fiance' going to have a BB as well? cause of Pin Messaging, it is free with your BB plan. Also, I suggest not going with Nextell, even thou the 7100 series are nice phones...it will be one of the last series of BB released for Nextell. I suggest going with a GSM carrier if you can if you want a BB.

7100 is a great phone but old in tech standards. And the phone itself you won't be disappointed with. It might just be nextell you will (in my own experience)

I own a 7105t with t-mobile, the phone is similar, I have had it for 15 months now, since nov. 2005. I am waiting for the 8820(30)

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Straight Answer: If you want to combine your PDA and phone and have automatic (push email) email then yes.There is no need to drag out an answer. For what you said you need that model would be just fine. BB is famous for its email capability.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~For straight email and phone and nothing else the 7100 will work. It is a very underpowered phone which is why RIM released a mid-stream update called the 7130 which doubled the memory from 32 meg to 64 meg and put in a much faster processor--you can NOT get the 7130 thru Nextel. If you want to be able to easily type on your Blackberry Nextel offers the 7520 (Pearl lovers please don't flame me). Nextel's network has been deteriorating since the Sprint merger so no matter what phone you get with them it will have a limited life.

jmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 7100i is 64 megs, not 32 megs. The 7520 is 32 megs.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Either one is fine since they are the only option for DC for you. If you dont care about the DC you could get the 7130e or 8703e...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You are correct that the 7520 is 32 megs, but the 7100 is also 32. My point was that sine the 7100 is underpowered RIM did an upgrade to it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cp6169. Within the merged company those phones are available only on Sprint's network, not Nextel's. If secretfox switched networks there would be many more Blackberry options. On Nextel its either the 7100i or the 7520.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~jmann I humbly apologize. I just checked on one of my people's 7100i and it does indeed have 64MB. I must now go and give myself 50 lashes.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks barto, I am aware of that...

Since Sprint & Nextel are the same company secretfox can definitely get a cdma BB, and above I had mentioned he/she would lose the walkie talkie.
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    If you dont care about the DC you could get the 7130e or 8703e...

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Personaly I would recommend going with a 8703e as apposed to a 7100i because the nextel version of the 7100 is a rather buggy device, I had one for about 4 months and had to take it in several times to have it worked on. In the end though it did do the job.

Also keep in mind that the data network for nextel is one of the slowest out there (compared to edge and evdo) so another reason to go with a 8703e.

secretfox no está en línea Stack level 1

I was going to switch to Tmobile however I have 3 phones on Nextel and have to pay an arm and a leg to cancel my service do to a contract..(those things are lame by the way I hate nextel and feel trapped) So is the 8703e is that a nextel phone as well if not who is the carrier? And no my fiance doesn't have a BB I found it useless to get him one before he deploys in a month.. unless you guys know if that Pin messeging will work with him being in Iraq??

pilgrimicron no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 7100i, it is my first bb and I like it alot. For what I do it does it all for me. My carrier is Southern Linc which is like Nextel in that it uses the push to talk feature. It works really great for email and my contacts and I use the Yahoo messenger that came with it to communicate with several friends in realtime. As far as Nextels service I cannot say first hand but I have heard that the phone service is spotty. If this is your first bb like me I think it would be a really good start for you.

cchriston no está en línea Stack level 1

I own a Nextel I530 and 7100i, as well as a Sprint Treo. If I could give them all up for one phone, I would dump them all and go with the new Sprint/CDMA blackberry that I played with this weekend...I think it was called the MOTO Q. I have the need for the DC, so I cannot do that. If you do not need the DC however, I think the MOTO Q would be sufficient.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

8703e is on the sprint network so it wouldn't require you to switch company's or terminate your contract.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast