After a couple of years of having my 7100, I realized that the hundreds of ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Cubillas no está en línea Stack level 1

Saving contacts to SIM card

Advertisement

After a couple of years of having my 7100, I realized that the hundreds of contacts I was adding to the Blackberry WERE NOT on the SIM card, but just on the phone.

If there anyway to tranfer all of that contact information from my phone (not SIM card) to my computer?

Re: Saving contacts to SIM card

Quote Originally Posted by Cubillas
    After a couple of years of having my 7100, I realized that the hundreds of contacts I was adding to the Blackberry WERE NOT on the SIM card, but just on the phone.

If there anyway to tranfer all of that contact information from my phone (not SIM card) to my computer?
    Yes, two ways: 1.) Using Desktop Manager, choose Backup/Restore, then choose Advanced, and it will allow you to back up only the address book if you desire; 2.) Again using Desktop Manager, choose Synchronize. First, DM will guide you through a setup (i.e. what application on the computer to sinc with, etc. -- Outlook, or Lotus Notes, or something else) and then will transfer the address book to the appplication chosen.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

good call mark stone, yeah definately using the blackberry desktop manager. also if you have a yahoo account you might want to get yahoo go, and you can wirelessly back-up and restore your contacts on yahoo's site

Cubillas no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks to both of you. I'll give it a shot and see what happens!