Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Al, Unless you consider the loss of any cached information from the database, such as ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: RMS database

Advertisement

Al, Unless you consider the loss of any cached information from the database, such as previous searches in Google Maps, to be "more of an annoyance" this is true.

I just ignore it and continue on.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Flash Info, I just performed my first Backup and Restore since performing two separate upgrades, so I can't verify which has solved the problem. I have upgraded to Google Maps 1.3.0 and Desktop Manager to 4.2. Guess what, No RMS Database Error, and my Google searches and favorites were also restored.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

After I upgraded to DM 4.2 I did a backup and got the error. Im gonna try hydn's suggestion tonight.

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Al, Unless you consider the loss of any cached information from the database, such as previous searches in Google Maps, to be "more of an annoyance" this is true.

I just ignore it and continue on.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks, Rcbjr!

That is what I have been doing for quite some time, although I have felt somewhat uneasy about it. I am encouraged to know that my data is not in danger.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

I ususally click ok and my backup continues without any "issues" that I've noticed. I guess the question that I should have asked is what exactly is the RMS database and should I worry that it's not backing up. I've talked to many a support personnel and no one seems to be able to answer the question or why it doesn't get recognized by my desktop. Thanks all

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    After I upgraded to DM 4.2 I did a backup and got the error. Im gonna try hydn's suggestion tonight.

Same thing happened to me, I didnt have this problem until DM 4.2 and now I cannot back up anything. I tried the suggestions mentioned above to fix the problem to no avail. Anyone else got something figured out on this?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Here is the error I get...

Cannot backup the following database(s): RMS Databases, Ribbon Bar Postions. The data was not recognized by the desktop.

Im just curious exactly what information that is. Sounds like something to do with my themes?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Either themes or the ALT+ESC Ribbon. When you restore, are the Home Screen Icons re-organized?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have not tried to resore yet, never had a need for that. What I do is periodically do a backup just in case, at least once or twice a month. I went back to desktop manager 4.1 and I dont get the errors like I do now. I tried to clear the content, didnt work. I havent tried a selective backup because I dont want to not include the ribbon bar in case it is like you said.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't do a restore very often either, just periodic backups and one just prior to any downloads or changes, including themes and OTA installs. Always pays to be careful and it's experience speaking. The last time I forgot to backup prior to a download, . . .. Well, you can guess what happened.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

Sorry to be a pain, but I have tried all of the above and am still get the same error message when I back up the device. Although it hasn't disturbed how the device operates and I haven't lost anything. The only thing I have noticed if I have to restore is that it tends to kick out my browser, but that's an easy fix, but it will not restore my Ascendo Photo program even though everything in that program is backed up.... Any other ideas?

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

have you resolved this?
    anyway, this could be a long shot. in intellisync, click the "reset configuration" then re-establish your synch options with "configure pim".

Xaneth no está en línea Stack level 1

Had similar issues with the last BB 7130e I had to backup. We just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile with 40 BB's, and we finally moved to our own BES! I had to merge people's address books with their contacts and back up each BB before wiping the handhelds for resale. I experienced the same issues as seen in this thread, and I just removed Google Maps and was able to backup successfully. Google is the least of my concerns, however. Some of you may need your GMM.

wookieeb no está en línea Stack level 1

Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone had any further suggestions for this type of error. I have 2 clients that receive a similar error when trying to backup.

Cannot backup the following database(s): RMS Databases.
    The data was not recognized by the desktop.

The backup seems to stop there and not continue or finish. Is it safe to just clear out the RMS database?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12