I am new to this site yet I can relate to most of ya in ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

BletitburnB no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4016FEF8

Post Ringtones on my 7100i

Advertisement

I am new to this site yet I can relate to most of ya in part or in whole! I bought my BB bout 3 mo ago and did not know that it did not support MP3 I have also contactd BB tech supprt but my grandma knows a lil more than they do. well the only site Bsides BB's laim ringtones is a site called 3gforfree.com they have MP3's and also, not too bad, midi ringtones. I can only access them throrugh my WAP Browser, once at the site click on "Browsing from my phone" then you will be able to see ringtones in Red and Blue. The red ones are MP3's, don't even try opening them, NO LUCK. But the blue ones you can. Just click on any blue one and it will direct you to a screen where you get to choose your carrier. The one that works for me is the Cingular choice. The Sprint choice returns an error on my phone. The Cingular opens up my player and then I just click on save, rename it to what I want and that's it. Hope this helps anyone out there.
    I am running BB Ver. 4.0.0.136 NOT enterprise. My carrier is Nextel in So Cal.
    Let me know if it helped!!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Ringtones on my 7100i

4.0... really I thought the 7100i was released with 4.1... anyways welcome to the Stacks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

BletitburnB, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the info. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

And dfc, the 8700c was the first BB with the 4.1 OS. The .0 to .1 version change came with the change to the new Intel chipset first used in the 8700. The 7100i was released well before the 8700, I think. 4.1 for the earlier BBs came out sometime after the release of the 8700.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Just to clarify, the 7100i did come out with 4.1 OS, the original poster gave you his platform version, not his OS version.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Chris, When did the 7100i first come out? I was sure the 8700 was the first BB with 4.1. Did it preceed the 7100i

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The 7100i was released in October '05. I purchased it on day one, with 4.1.