Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone kno how i can load ringtones and where to find them...the application loader only ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa

Ringtones

Advertisement

anyone kno how i can load ringtones and where to find them...the application loader only loads aplx files or sumtin like that...and where can i get them.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I'm not sure what links I can post or not post in here, so hopefully I won't get in trouble for this, but www.tuneusin.com is where I got alot of mine from the Browser.

Also if you Google ringtone sfx alot of sights come up where you can download things like movie quotes and stuff. Besides using Desktop manager, the browser is the only place I get my tones.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    the only problem is....i use the opera mini browser, and it wont let me download anything without exiting to the blackberry browser(which i dont have a plan for cuz i use boost mobile). so i have to be able to download it to my computer and load it via usb...which the only files support are alx..and sumtin else...anyone got any ideas?...

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ okay so are you trying to download mp3s and wavs instead of the Alx files? Does your berry have the expandably memory for sd cards?

Sorry had to jump on the computer to do this a little quicker, I'm not too familiar with the 71xx series. But it doesn't look like your Berry had a place for expandable memory, atleast from what I'm reading on phone scoop. So without that the ONLY way to put ringtones on your device is through Desktop Manager.

Windows Media Player will only transfer the ringtones if you had Mass Storage enabled, same with trying to use your berry as a flash drive. It only recognizes the SD card. Desktop Manager, however, can transfer to device memory or the sd card.

Only other way I can think of which is kinda time consuming, transfer via bluetooth if your laptop has bluetooth connectivity or if you know someone with cool ringtones and has a bluetooth device. But the transfers are slow that way.

BTW, www.tuneusin.com I think can be accessed from your PC. Just incase the 71xx only plays MIDI instead of MP3, there's alot of sights you can find on Google!
    Last edited by Justyn; 05-20-2008 at 12:27 PM.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    ^^^ im not understanding anything ur sayin there lol...i juss need to kno where i can get ringtones that are in alx format so the desktop manager can read them, and load them into my phone...pretty simple. someone help please....ive only been able to load themes and games...and a couple software apps...ill be straight once i learn how to get tones....someones gotta kno sumtin.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by cuggi5 View Post
    ^^^ im not understanding anything ur sayin there lol...i juss need to kno where i can get ringtones that are in alx format so the desktop manager can read them, and load them into my phone...pretty simple. someone help please....ive only been able to load themes and games...and a couple software apps...ill be straight once i learn how to get tones....someones gotta kno sumtin.
    What i'm trying to say is ringtones only come in certain formats because they are media, not actuall applications.

Ringtones can only be in .mp3, .midi, .wav, and .amr format. Games and applications are the only thing designed for .alx format.

If you download ringtones from your home computer, they can be transfered from the home computer to your Berry using Media Manager. That's located in your Desktop Manager and should be as simple as "drag and drop."

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    nah...the blackberry software loader i have for my 7100i doesnt have anything called media manager. all it lets me do is open a alx file and load it into the phone...

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Who is your provider?

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    boost mobile...i havent figure a way around being able to sms yet, but everything else is workn. just can get no tunes

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    This thread won't work because he's not running Blackberry Browser. I forgot you were on Boost dude, dumb question.

Try downloading a more updated version of your desktop software. If you're running OS 4.1 click this:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service.../req_4dot1.jsp

if you're running 4.2 click this.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service.../req_4dot2.jsp

This should work. I've never tried downloading the Desktop Manager from blackberry.com, I normally get it from my provider's website and I couldn't find it on Boost Mobile's site.

Let us know if this works, it's the only thing I can think of to get those ringtones onto your Berry...

Or maybe it' time to upgrade?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Definatley download the BB Desktop manager as Justyn suggests. Once you get the media manager, than you can download music, ringtones, pictures and wallpaper.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 05-22-2008 at 09:50 PM.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    alright i downloaded the desktop manager 4.2 but it dont have a media thing...the 4.3 does...but my comp wont let me install it cuz i need windows service pack thing...n im usin a copied version..so i get all these errors n ****...ill try later when i get outta work. thanks people, im makin progress.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    well i downloaded windows service pack 4...and then i installed desktop manager 4.3 and there is no media manager option....so what now?

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ did it come with something called Roxio? Also I'm wondering how you're using Opera Mini without a browser?
    Last edited by Justyn; 05-23-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast