I posted (maybe on this board or another) concerning a replacement outer case for the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

replacement case for 7100i (2 different kinds)

Advertisement

I posted (maybe on this board or another) concerning a replacement outer case for the 7100i and someone resonded that there are two types. Nextel makes demo phones for their dealers (basically empty cases for display purposes). I was told that one type of display case can be used as a replacement and one can not.

Does anyone know which can and which can not? Possibly a specific part number. Otherwise I think there is a site that sells replacement cases for 60 or so bucks or 99 with the proper screw driver (torx). I'm thinking I might be able to do a little better if I can find out which display case will work. Someone on eBay had a bunch for sale.

Thanks,

Roveer

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: replacement case for 7100i (2 different kinds)

I like cases that cover the whole phone and will protect it if the clip pops off of my belt
    one of these is good
    http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...K2W95P3552RAR7
    or check here for something similar
    http://blackberryden.com/bl711.html
    also make sure the case supports the 'sleeper' option
    meaning it turns off the BB when you put it in the case
    otherwise you unintentional people get called and emailed
    some of the best cases i have used are RIM's OEM Leather cases. I've had two, one for my old 7230 and one for my 8700c. I did some extensive shopping around and they are some of the best cases of the money.

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: replacement case for 7100i (2 different kinds)

I was referring to the phone case itself not a holster or pouch. I've already managed to mess mine all up. I'm going to get a leather holster type thing but I'm thinking I might just get the housing back to brand new before I protect it. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Roveer