I had to get my 7100i replaced (new PIN in profile) and this one seems ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Replacement 7100i,seems different

Advertisement

I had to get my 7100i replaced (new PIN in profile) and this one seems different. When I get an email from Pinstack and I click on the link, it brings me to Pinstack (slowly) but the page looks
    totally different, then what my old BB showed me. And I've been trying to get AIM to
    downloaded, across the bottom it will say "requesting and the blue line goes little more then
    three quarters of the way and then I get this message >>>The server returned the following error while attempting to fulfill your request "Connection Timed Out"<<< This also happened on a few other sites. With some web sites I'd get "reading script or running script" then after a few it will load
    When I check on my BB the default browser is "Internet Browser" if I click on change option
    there is nothing else to change it to.

The OS ver. is still the same 4.1.0.376 (platform 2.1.0.46)
    And under applications (options,advanced options,applications) I have a few things I
    didn't have on my other BB, like "language and input support" under this I have "French",
    "French Financial terms", "Legal Terms" and under these I have the same but It's "Spanish"
    Spanish Financial terms" and across from these I have 4.1.
    Any ideas why this one shows things differently?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Replacement 7100i,seems different

Your previous BB didnt have the extra languages, you can remove them if you dont want them on your BB.

Have you checked any of the settings in your browser? While in browser hit the wheel and choose options, then go through all options and checkmark them, lol, seriously though.

How does PS look different for you, compare before and after please.

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Thanks Chris,
    I did delete the extra languages. I figured I don't know spanish or french so what did I need them for.
    All the boxes are checked in the browser options.
    I even tried the link in the internet bookmarks for Aim and I still get the "Connection Timed Out" message. So I still don't have AIM. Now as for how PS looks different, it looks like it does when I use my PC. It was different on my old BB. Even yesturday I replyed from my BB and it didn't show it in the post. It would have "~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ in the post.

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping

~via BB
    Have you tried re sending your service books? That could help. I think I had that same problem not so long ago, I sent the service books like 2 times and reset the phone and it worked great!

Let is know how it goes
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Quote Originally Posted by megabite
    ~via BB
    Have you tried re sending your service books? That could help. I think I had that same problem not so long ago, I sent the service books like 2 times and reset the phone and it worked great!

Let is know how it goes
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks megabite, I sent the service books a few times. I did the hard reset a couple
    of times also. I took out the other languages and the BB rebooted. And
    still the same. Just seems like the browser and internet is different.
    I've been trying to get Aim from many links (one in the bookmarks, the ones
    here on Pinstack) and I get a "Connection Timed Out".
    I also notice now when I get mail at my sprint/blackberry email account and
    when I click on delete in now asks me to delete or cancel. When I used to
    get the option like my other emails "on Mailbox & handheld" "on Handheld" or cancel.
    And now it looks like my battery will not charge to 100%.
    Going to plug it in and see how high it will go today.
    Again thanks.