I have a 7100v phone which came with 3.8 OS, so I took a 2-step ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Osgiliath no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201F43E3

Removing the Vodafone theme

Advertisement

I have a 7100v phone which came with 3.8 OS, so I took a 2-step upgrade (first to 4.0 and then to 4.1) without wiping the OS first (worked perfectly, I had no problems).
    Now, I have three themes. The standard list one, the standard icon one and the Vodafone theme originally from 3.8. Which is pretty strange because the 4.1 CSL update should have removed that theme, right? How do I remove it because I don't intend to use any other theme than the standard list, which looks very well by the way. Is there a way to remove the Vodafone theme?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Removing the Vodafone theme

Options - Advanced Options - Applications.... Look for the theme in the list and use the menu to select delete. Poof it will be gone.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    201F43E3

If only it were that simple In applications I have no theme listed. Only in Applications -> Modules, but no delete there ...

Any other clues?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Hmm.. maybe there is a securty feature that will not allow you to delete the themes that came with it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Go thru the Desktop Manager Application Loader and see if the theme is listed there. If it is, delete it by clearing the check mark. It will say "Remove" when you do this. Click Next and uninstall it.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I don't have an option to delete my Rogers theme. I believe the carriers build them into their firmware. try a different carrier's OS, Hong Kong CSL is what i'm using.
    get it here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. OOPS.

PIN/ID
    201F43E3

No, it's not listed in the Dektop Manager ... Funky, I have the Honk Kong CSL update too .. and it comes with two themes (so they cannot be removed, I understand), but the third theme (the vodafone one) is from the old 4.0 ... so it's very strange.

I think I have to live with it, but It's disturbing I have something on my phone that I'll never use.

Thanks you for your replies