Hi everyone, Does anyone know how long the led light stays red after a message ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bxweber no está en línea Stack level 1

Red Notification Light

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how long the led light stays red after a message notification? I know it times out back to green, but I'm not sure how long it stays red.

Thanks
    Beck

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165
    hi beck, welcome to pinstack

I'm not sure what berry you have, however on my 8700, the red light stays on for 10-15 minutes after a message is received. I'm not sure if this time can be changed, I've never tried, I just happen to know it to be so because I get bored easily and sometimes things have to be timed..lol.

Hope this answers your questions, and remember any question you have we're here to help.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by bxweber
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how long the led light stays red after a message notification? I know it times out back to green, but I'm not sure how long it stays red.

Thanks
    Beck
    Another time that this happens I have noticed is if you are in spotty coverage and bounce in and out...If you have a red LED notifier and then you lose service and come back into service, it will be green, atleast, that's what mine does.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Red Notification Light

Quote Originally Posted by bxweber
    On my 7130c I chose to turn off the green coverage light, as coverage has not been a problem for me.

After doing that I got the exact result that I was hoping for, and that is the Red light continues to remind me of new messages until they are read. In my case I would rather have the light "nag me" until I read the message, as opposed to missing something important because I got side tracked.

Cheers.......

Henchy66 no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't seem to find the option to turn the green light off on my 7130e. How did you do it?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Options-Screen/Keyboard

Scroll down to LED COVERAGE INDICATOR and change from ON to OFF