I have pulled my BB7130g out of my drawer to revive it!! It lived there ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

onlyugly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Smile rebirth 7130g

Advertisement

I have pulled my BB7130g out of my drawer to revive it!! It lived there since a Blockerase 6 error prevented it from operation. I have in the last week viewed and attempted to erase and reload software into the unit without success. Downloaded an updated desktop manager and os for bb, v4.2.1 for my region. I found that on the application loader it would only see v4.1 on the device so the upgrade will not help........ I need a different approach before I return the device to the drawer and permanantly stick with my windows based PDA. I would appreciate any help

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, uninstall any OS that you've already installed on your computer.

Next, download and install OS 4.2.1.110 from one of the carriers that carry it:After you install it, rename or delete the file:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

Now try the Application Loader. If it doesn't automatically try to load the OS, try to force it.

If all else fails, download and install JL_Cmder and do a Wipe. This will wipe everything except the boot loader. Then try forcing the Application Loader again.

Good luck.
    JerryD

onlyugly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Thankyou jdellasala, unfortunately none of the carriers you have provided have a 7130g in their list. I tried to utilise the Optus one i had allready downloaded v 4.2.164 and renamed the vendor file as suggested. This removed the blockerase 6 error, however the device will not boot compleatly and the install is stopped. I then tried the JL_Cmder and wipe the device and then tried the above again with the same result....:cry: Could this be the reult of a hardware fault? and if it is where can i go to repair it in Melbourne Aus. Running out of patience now, please advice if you can!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    It may be a hardware issue, if you have the new os downloaded. The install starts for you, just doesn't finish?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The letter designation for any series is more of a provider designation. The 7100e OS should work fine on a 7100g. You should be able to force the installation as described here.

When you wipe the device using JL_Cmder's Wipe command, the device should come up with a big circle with a rectangle in the middle and a diagonal line through the circle. If it doesn't, it may indeed be a hardware issue.
    JerryD

steve_hud no está en línea Stack level 1
    you should try
    vodafone india and airtel india

as these carriers still have 7130g in circulation i did mine too......

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_hud View Post
    you should try
    vodafone india and airtel india.
    -
    I agree, as I just used the Vodafone OS for my 7130c which was _not_ on their list. But a 7130 is a 7130. C, G, whatever are very minor differences. Mainly the slight size & shape differences. I still think my 7130c is the best of all my BlackBerrys until the 8310 Curve. I love SureType & the great keyboard of the 7130c.

sent via BlackBerry

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    These guys have provided you with some awesome info.
    To suggest that if you can't restore the unit you'll continue using a Windows based phone is curious to me.
    Why spend the time to resurect
    the RIM in order to use it if you didn't prefer the platform in the first place?
    And why not simply get yourself a Curve or a Bold?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Why spend the time to resurect
    the RIM in order to use it if you didn't prefer the platform in the first place?
    And why not simply get yourself a Curve or a Bold?
    -
    Great post Berryadict

Some very valid points here. From my perspective there is simply _NO_ other device as good as a BlackBerry, old or new. Even as I moved forward buying the newest models as they were released, I still had a true liking for my 7130c which quite frankly held up so well it looks & works as good today as the day it was new. There are hardly any other phones over two years old that one can say that about. And yet I believe here on PinStacks that's not unusual at all!

Long Live BlackBerry!

sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just bought a 7130g ... love it
    I was using BB BIS on my Windows Mobile, and picked up this 7130g since it costed something like $25. I wanted to check it out. Fall in love with it on the same day, and started using it as my main phone.

As soon as the Storm hits the store, I will be buying one. Very fine devices, indeed.