Hi, My 7100i keeps turning the wireless Off. I can turn it back On from ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mcmillma no está en línea Stack level 1

Radio Handler Error-- Update- Fixed

Advertisement

Hi, My 7100i keeps turning the wireless Off. I can turn it back On from the ' Wireless On/Off icon', but it turns back off when it wants to.
    It has given the following message ( with the rest of the screen blank) when turning it back On:
    RadioErrorHandler:E_RERROR_SE.
    Below this is a Reset button that is selected with the radio key button. I reloaded from the DM yesterday and it seemed to work for a while then started up again.
    Thanks,
    PS No code numbers shown
    Last edited by mcmillma; 10-17-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Radio Handler Error

I've read that this error may indicate a battery going dead. the radio takes a lot of energy to run apparently. how old is your battery? how long is it lasting?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The battery will be a year used in Dec. It does seem to act up more when in use either in phone or internet, but will turn Off when not in use. I'll keep an eye on the Battery levels but usually don't let it get down below half charge. I have seen a message saying there is not enough power to use the phone. I think the level was down at that time. But even then it did not turn the radio off it just wouldn't make the call until I plugged it in.
    Thanks again
    PS It will go a couple of days depending on use before 'needing' a charge. I just usually plug it in in the car or at night in the wall each day.

Put new Battery in yesterday and not one episode of it turning off the antenna link. Lesson Learned: Don't trust battery charge level indicator as to the condition or capability of the battery. Thanks CyberS...