Can I get an unlock code fron T-Mobile for a phone that I got off ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question re: Unlock code from T-Mobile

Advertisement

Can I get an unlock code fron T-Mobile for a phone that I got off of E-Bay? ie: I didn't buy the phone directly from T-Mobile. A friend of mine is with T-Mobile and allowed me to use his info. to get the unlock code.

The rep kept trying to give me the code for the phone that my friend bought with his plan. I was trying to explain to her that the code that I wanted wasn't for that phone but, for the one that I purchased on E-Bay. She told me that I need to contact E-Bay and get the unlock code from them.

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to talk to a different rep or just send the phone back and get an unlocked one.

oemwoodruff no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Question re: Unlock code from T-Mobile

T-Mobile will unlock the phone as long as it is a T-Mobile phone. They will not get unlock codes for any other company. So, if you've got yourself a T-Mobile branded device that you got off of E-Bay, they should unlock it for you for free. It's better than paying someone else to unlock it for you.

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Question re: Unlock code from T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by oemwoodruff
    T-Mobile will unlock the phone as long as it is a T-Mobile phone. They will not get unlock codes for any other company. So, if you've got yourself a T-Mobile branded device that you got off of E-Bay, they should unlock it for you for free. It's better than paying someone else to unlock it for you.
    Thanks for the response. I ended up sending the phone back for a refund. I tried two different unlock services (neither of them could help me). T-Mobile did end up putting in a request but, told me it could take up to 17 days. I still haven't heard from them yet.

Now I'm waiting for my newly acquired BB to arrive.
    Last edited by bbnovice422; 10-16-2007 at 03:35 PM.