I am trying to figure out how to program extensions to several of my contacts ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

anthonywv no está en línea Stack level 1

Programming extensions to contacts

Advertisement

I am trying to figure out how to program extensions to several of my contacts on my 7130.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Programming extensions to contacts

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You type an 'x' then the extension after the phone number, after you connect the phone call, a 'window' will pop up, and you hit enter to dial the extension. Alternatively, you can insert a pause, and have the extension dial automatically.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Programming extensions to contacts

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, the X is for a commonly dialed number which is programmed into the Phone app's Options, under Smart Dialing.

To use Smart Dialing, enter the main phone number of the office. In the Address Book, in the contact's phone number entry, placing an X will point the Phone app to the number programmed in Smart Dialing.

But this only works for a single number.

If you want to call different numbers with extensions, then program the number into a contact's phone number field, with the main number first, followed with either a Pause or a Wait, and finally the extension number. A Pause will dial the main number then pause for the default 2 seconds, then dial the rest of the number. A wait will dial the main number, then wait for you to allow the rest of the numbers to be dialed, with some type of key-press input.