Hey guys, I'm new to the BB..and I'm having an issue. I just recieved the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

xrockyhorrorsx no está en línea Stack level 1

Profiles issue on the 7130c

Advertisement

Hey guys, I'm new to the BB..and I'm having an issue.

I just recieved the phone today, and I was doing all of my customizing like any excited new BB owner would do. Well, as I went to access "Profiles" it wouldn't let me...Upon selecting profiles I would be brought back to the main screen...am I doing something wrong? What can be the cause of this???

Thanks.
    Last edited by xrockyhorrorsx; 07-19-2007 at 11:13 AM.

Re: Profiles issue on the 7130c

Quote Originally Posted by xrockyhorrorsx
    Hey guys, I'm new to the BB..and I'm having an issue.

I just recieved the phone today, and I was doing all of my customizing like any excited new BB would do. Well, as I went to access "Profiles" it wouldn't let me...Upon selecting profiles I would be brought back to the main screen...am I doing something wrong? What can be the cause of this???

Thanks.
    Howdy! Try this first: Turn the unit off, pull out the battery, count to 30 and replace the battery. This cold reboot will take a little while, so be patient. If that does not solve the problem, then you probably bought the unit used and it has an IT policy. Follow the instructions here: http://blackberry.ig3.net/ to remove it. I got a 7290 on Ebay, and I couldn't access profiles (I guess because the previous user's company felt obligated to force them to use the same ringtones? ) or deactivate the password or about 20 other minor things; removing the IT policy, following the instructions at http://blackberry.ig3.net/ solved the problem. Keep us updated!

Wow, thanks for the help. I was really afraid that I was going to have to go into the store to have to get this situation straightened out, or I was going to have to stay on hold with some help line! I do, however, feel like an idiot though, because the cold reboot fixed it...lol. Thank you though for the advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xrockyhorrorsx
    Wow, thanks for the help. I was really afraid that I was going to have to go into the store to have to get this situation straightened out, or I was going to have to stay on hold with some help line! I do, however, feel like an idiot though, because the cold reboot fixed it...lol. Thank you though for the advice!!!
    You're welcome!

Also, my BB didn't come with a browser..Do I have to download one or something or do you think my provider doesn't want me to have access to this?? Sorry that I'm such a noob!!