I finally got the exception/profile thing working so that a profile is associated with an ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

stubaker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2036D900

Profile Exception weirdness

Advertisement

I finally got the exception/profile thing working so that a profile is associated with an exception for a contact(s). This allowed me to have a custom sound associated with email, SMS, phone, IM messages for a person(s). This is a great feature of 4.1

It works consistently with everything *except* the phone ringtone. The phone exception/profile will work the first time, but everytime after that it reverts to the default ringtone. Sometimes it never works at all.

I can tell you one other thing. Almost everytime when I pull the SIM and Battery the profile/exceptions work perfectly *once* after that everything reverts to the default ringtone. However, this is also not consistent, because sometimes after pulling SIM/Battery it never works. Go figure.

BTW - phone is 7105t with OS 4.1

Any clues out there?

I can add a "Calls from Exception" for each

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Profile Exception weirdness

check that the incoming calls match down the the area codes. (just incase)

example try updating the contact from xxx-xxx-xxxx to xxx-xxxx and visa versa

PIN/ID
    2036D900

Thanks hydn, I tried as you suggested to no avail. it always reverts to the default phone ringtone.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Where is says 'use profile:" change selection from "Active Profile" to a custom profile you create and try that with the custom ring. (Just guessing of possibilities here.)

PIN/ID
    2036D900

Yep, tried that both ways as well. It did work *once* (after switching to custom profile) but subsequent calls revert back to the default ringtone.