Quit using blackberry for about 2 months. Had taken battery out b4 storing. Have taken ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

rdick52 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem w/ 7100i

Advertisement

Quit using blackberry for about 2 months. Had taken battery out b4 storing. Have taken out of storage 2 use again. When I put the battery back in and hooked up the charger, and after 24 hrs of charging, all that happens is the connection light on the top right keeps flashing red 4 times. Unit will not come on at all. Any ideas?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

Re: Problem w/ 7100i

Did you wait for the display? Better question is how long do you wait before you take the battery back out? I would think its the battery. Since its doing a soft reset, or if it has an internal memory(im guessing here) has been erased.

willwhite007 no está en línea Stack level 1

I gotta agree with Charlie , I stoped using my 7100i for almost a year and after turning the unit back on , and charging the battery, everything worked out fine.... If I was you though ,I would upgrade to a better BB , I HATE MY 7100i !!!!!!

noplay007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Well My 7100i will just turn the radio/phone/ off? I have no Idea why? I have exchanged it 5 times and still the same problem? Its starting to cost me money now .....? any suggestions

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Try replacing the battery and see if this works. Do you know anyone with a working battery that
    you can test it with?
    If not, then if your budget allows, you may need to get a new BB as this may be a device failure
    although I could be wrong.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Well My 7100i will just turn the radio/phone/ off? I have no Idea why? I have exchanged it 5 times and still the same problem? Its starting to cost me money now .....? any suggestions
    That is a bit weird as I have the same device, but not having that issue at all. Try re-installing the OS first and see how the works for you. Be sure to wipe the device first and do a fresh OS install. If you have any valuable address contacts or anything, back those up using the Desktop Manager.

Let us know how it goes.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Reno84
    That is a bit weird as I have the same device, but not having that issue at all. Try re-installing the OS first and see how the works for you. Be sure to wipe the device first and do a fresh OS install. If you have any valuable address contacts or anything, back those up using the Desktop Manager.

if his phone isnt turning on, then i dont think he can do a back up. however if he has a moto nextel phone, he shouldnt have to worry about losing numbers because they are saved to the sim.

noplay007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is is possible to get a Virus in the phone like a computer? I would think so but I am not expert

dadrumma no está en línea Stack level 1

not sure