i cant seem to figure out why i cant find the text messaging function or ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

crusc5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem text messaging

Advertisement

i cant seem to figure out why i cant find the text messaging function or sms. when i got to messages and click the track , it comes up with compose email and pin but no sms anywhere. Does anyone know why this is happening and where is my sms function. I also dont think i have recieved any from people who have said they have texted message me.. please help..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Problem text messaging

I see you have Sprint. You will need to use Compose MMS or download teleflip (I think that's right).

crusc5 no está en línea Stack level 1

ISnt teleflip for sending messages from your comp.. i dont have the fucntion mms all i have is compose email and compose pin, nuthing that would be the same as a text message.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

teleflip is for sending sms messages to any carrier. Theres nothing to download. All you do, is send a sms message to: (phonenumber)@teleflip.com So if this is the number, you would put: 5555552121@teleflip.com

bronxbombers no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem from the cingular network i can not find my sms or mms to compose a text message. BB8700c

Please help.

I can't send any i can recieve they though.

Please Help.
    Last edited by bronxbombers; 04-22-2007 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged.

aspaconline no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers
    I have the same problem from the cingular network i can not find my sms or mms to compose a text message. BB8700c

Please help.

I can't send any i can recieve they though.

Please Help.
    Hello I have the same problem with my 8700g with Globe Telecom Ph they can not figure out too why I do not have text message command. I can received but I can not compose or reply as there is no command. Please let me know if anybody have suggestion. All the best.

rainynikki no está en línea Stack level 1

Me too! I have Verizon. The manual says when you go into messages you should have an option for compose SMS or MMS and I on'y have compose email. So I can receive texts but not send them. Someone help

bashygirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4017f431

It's the same thing with my phone also because I can recieve text but I can't send text messages.

aspaconline no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi I do not know what I did but after I upgrade to 4.2 both the desktop and the device then I check all available option on desktop application loader after the device reboot itself the Compose SMS and Reply SMS shows up and now it's working.
    I am a new BB8700g user hope this works for you.. good luck

guynextdoor979 no está en línea Stack level 1

for all they have prolems with there blackberry for the SMS and MMS all you have to to is update your softwear ( sychronize ) your blackberry and this will solve your problems

Bigbadman no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have a BB8700R, and it only shows compose email, nothing else, not even Compose PIN...i have downloaded the software, but it asks me for my device password (where would i find this)?.......Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BBGurlie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Why is it when I called tech support yesterday, my MMS stopped working out of the blue, they said I am not allowed Text messages with BB, says its not ment to be a social text item. So they are charging 20 cents per text message??