Hi, New to 7100i... When I send a picture to myselft say about 26kb .jpg ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

zague no está en línea Stack level 1

prevent files size compression on pictures?

Advertisement

Hi,
    New to 7100i... When I send a picture to myselft say about 26kb .jpg file... when I open it on my BB and save it to use it as a bacground it seems to compress it to about 13kb loosing it's original quality... Anyway to get rid of this? I have the correct size of the picture wich is 240x260.

thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: prevent files size compression on pictures?

zague, welcome to PinStack.

Do you have Content Compression turned on? Go to Options/Security Option/General Settings and check.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

zague no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr,
    Tried that (was enabled) and sent myself another background file (26kb) and when I opened the attachment it went down to 13kb and lost quality... I also checked my BES server and could not find a setting that could help. Thanks for your input.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by zague
    Hi,
    New to 7100i... When I send a picture to myselft say about 26kb .jpg file... when I open it on my BB and save it to use it as a bacground it seems to compress it to about 13kb loosing it's original quality... Anyway to get rid of this? I have the correct size of the picture wich is 240x260.

thanks
    Hi and welcome to pinstack. Is it possible when you sent it to your BB the BB automatically converted the file to gif, or something similar, which would result in lower quality and size.