Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are there any pitfalls of buying a 7100i on ebay? Besides the possibility of getting ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

Pitfalls of buy a 7100i on ebay?

Advertisement

Are there any pitfalls of buying a 7100i on ebay? Besides the possibility of getting something DOA what else could cause problems? Let's say there is a 7100i with NO sim. Will any sim be upgradable to work in a 7100i? I've heard it has to be a yellow sim. The sim in my 830i is white. Will that work?

Thanks,

Roveer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Pitfalls of buy a 7100i on ebay?

The sim in your i830 should be yellow as well. Any yellow sim will work in the BB 7100i. My advice, a Nextel rep for many, many years, do not put the white sim card into your 7100i. Dont get me wrong, you can put it in there to upload your information, but you dont want to be using that sim. The main reason being all warranties, insurance and service plans will be void, and problems may occur sooner or later. See if the person on ebay will provide you with the sim# if applicable, and the pin, and check those with Nextel to make sure the phone is ok.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And be sure to ask if it has been on a BES and has an IT policy applied. That could be a major disappointment if it has a very restrictive IT policy

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the yellow sim story was real and I should probably buy one with a sim. Also heard about the policy if it has been on BES. That's just another thing to worry about with eBay.

So, if my Nextel dealer will sell me one for 199 and all others go for 150-175, then is there really any advantage to buying on eBay? My guess was that I was going to have to commit to a long term contract if I bought through nextel which wouldn't be the case if I bought on eBay.

Regards,

Roveer

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well, as mentioned above it could have a BES policy on it already. That wouldn't be good, but u can get around that. Its also possible like u said that its DOA. Or their maybe a defective part such as an earpiece. Also there is a chance that you could wind up with a stolen unit. Ebay is like anything else. Some people have good experiences, others have bad. Just make sure u investigate beforehand, which u are obviously doing.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Are you happy with your Nextel service? If so then sign a new 2 year contract and get the phone at the 2 year price.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

A blackberry is definently worth the two year commitment. You'll enjoy it a long time!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

I guess this begs the question. Does anyone know what the cost is with a 2 year committment? My nextel dealer is always all over the place and I feel I never get a straight answer. He also charges 35 bucks every time he gets us a new phone. Can't blame him, he's got to make a few bucks, but I'm really trying to do this as a value upgrade at this point. I see new activations as Free on the internet but I've heard some real horror stories about not ever receiving rebates and strange rebate rules. Just want to make sure I get a good deal.

Regards,

Roveer

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I'd say investigate as much as possible. About 2 years ago, I purchased from a seller and had always purchased brand new phones from the seller still in the box sealed because he sold service in a store and sold phones on ebay with a contract. I had bought from the seller many times. Well, when I bought a Treo 650 from this seller, it happened to be a refurb. I typed in a code that i found on the treo forums and it told me that the phone was a refurb, as well as the lifetime timer. The person evidently had zeroed out all of the timers. I was lucky that the seller actually took the phone back because it wasn't brand, new never used as described in his auction. Yet, he did replace it with a brand new Treo in a sealed box. Yet, from that point on, I just decided that it was just best for me to jst upgrade my contract for the two years. Granted there are some great deals out there, but it is like the others have said. Sometimes you get a good deal and other times you don't.

Good luck with your 7100i purchase!!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The BB 7100i is $199.99 with a 2 year contract. $35 for an upgrade fee.

england66 no está en línea Stack level 1

This all seems a bit strange. I work for one of the major cell operators in the UK and all our BB customers get the actual BB device for free on a one year contract and you certainly dont have to pay and upgrade fee. Why would a company charge a customer who wants to stay with them?

arron_nl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201f4e7f

Hallo Roveer,

Can't you buy it from Nextel on the internet?

I just bought a 7100v by ebay from Germany, and it works perfectly.
    But ten, to be honest, here in Europe we only have one system GSM.

Arron_nl

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hi, would somebody explain the difference between a white SIM and a yellow one. In the UK, they are all white

PIN/ID
    3056468b

White is 32k, yellow is 64k, and black is 128k. Meaning they can hold more information and other capabilities.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Tx cp, nobody has, at least to my knowledge, ever troubled us on this side of the pond with anything other than bog standard white...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast