Is it possible to get a 2nd calendar put on the 7130e? My calendar currently ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mattk0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Personal calendar/work calendar

Advertisement

Is it possible to get a 2nd calendar put on the 7130e? My calendar currently sync's with my work calendar, and I'd like to have a 2nd calendar that I can put my personal schedule on, is this possible? Thanks!

Matt

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Personal calendar/work calendar

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't believe it is possible.

However, after realising this, I just use the single calendar for both work & personal.

I'm on BES with MS Exchange. With Exchange/Outlook, there is the option to mark a calendar event as private.

That's what I do, and then no one else on the Exchange who searches my schedule is able to see those events which I've marked private. Though not ideal, it does work well and it is the best option available.

Multiple calendars would be great....maybe in 4.2?

mattk0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey, I like that idea. That works fine, thanks for the hint!

Although, I can toggle back and forth between filtering business and private/personal items on my PC calendar (I use groupwise) but is it possible to filter in the BB calendar? Thanks!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't have experience with Groupwise, so I'm not of much wisdom there.

However, my experience with Exchange is that a calendar event can be created on the BB, and it can be set as private and as busy/out of office/free. That's it. But in Outlook, there is a category function with default categories and custom. These give the background colour to events in the day view.

That doesn't translate into the BB calendar in any discernable way, except for in day view and week view, where the blocks or time span indicator line (the square bracket line on the left of the clock times in day view of the BB calendar) actually are colour coded to what they were set in Outlook.

This may just be fluke on my part. So I can't say it's a feature or an option.

As for searching, in the Search app, I'm limited to selecting text and/name and check boxing Calendar. Nothing there about anything else.

Hope this was helpful.

My problem is that I'm a nerd with a BlackBerry and a very sparse social calendar. Using 1 calendar for work & play isn't an issue at all for me. Just as long as I remember to mark items as PRIVATE when I create them on the BB for personal use, so that no other exchange users can see that I had an appointment or that my friend had a birthday/anniversary.