I seem to have locked myself out of my Password Keeper - I am up ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

chameleon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011E91C

Password Keeper locked

Advertisement

I seem to have locked myself out of my Password Keeper - I am up to attempt number 9 and get message about passwords being deleted etc if next attemp fails. If my next attempt fails, will all the saved passwords be deleted and the keeper reset so I can get in, enter new data and set a new password - or will the function stay locked and the content be deleted? Is there any chance of the whole device locking up?
    I am sure I have entered it once using what I believe was the password I set, which does not seem to work now - or perhaps I have made a typing error when I set password, and did it again when I entered (possible, but I doubt it). Thanks for your advice!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Password Keeper locked

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you type a wrong password one more time, all of ur info will be deleted and it will be set back to stock specs.

Right now u need to do a backup.

Then go in and remove the password keeper, reinstall the os, then after you are done reinstall the password keeper and it will be set at default with no password.

If you are not comfortable doing this and need a step by step, pm me and if you can wait until the morning I can walk you through it.

If you can't wait, only listen to what a stack pro or mod says on here, because I don't want someone giving you false information and you lose everything.

chameleon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011E91C

I backed up data on desktop and attempted 10th password entry - system did not delete all personal data on device, only deleted the saved passwords and the password used to lock the Password Keeper. I attempted to refresh the saved passwords from my desktop and it also restored old unknown password with saved passwords, so deleted and started over. At this point, no other personal data seems affected. All I had to do is set new password and re-enter the few passwords I had saved in the Keeper. Seems OK so far. For those interested, operating system 4.10.268 (platform 2.2.0.98 if that is anything relevant). Verizon level 2 tech rep seemed uninformed about all this, by the way.

baronsaemdi no está en línea Stack level 1
    what can i do if i don't have a cable?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    You can use a cable from any device that has the same connectors, if you have one

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

seone no está en línea Stack level 2
    So, are you saying that after the tenth try, it only deleted the info stored in that application? Not your contacts or calender information???

Does anyone know of a download that WOULD do this??? My concern is my personal and business information that I carry on my bb.

seone

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    seone, there are two passwords on your BB, the Password for locking All the data (Device Password), and the Password for the Password Keeper App. Both have the 10 wrong entry feature that wipes the data for what is protected. If you enter the Password Keeper Password wrong 10 times, or what ever limit is set, it will wipe all the data that Password Keeper is protecting.

If you enter the Device Password wrong 10 times, it will delete all the user data from your BB.

My concern is my personal and business information that I carry on my bb.
    This is the reason you should do a back up periodically.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

seone no está en línea Stack level 2
    I back up at least once daily...thank you thank you though...this makes a LOT of sense and I will start using it once I figure all the stuff a bb has to offer...it truly is mind blowing!

knyghtwing no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301314E5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i deleted my password keeper and have no way or knowledge of how to out it back on my 7130e.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by knyghtwing
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i deleted my password keeper and have no way or knowledge of how to out it back on my 7130e.
    Knyghtwing, from a previous post by Stack Pro N8DBB:

If you have an operating system downloaded onto your computer, do this:

Open desktop manager

Connect your BB to the USB

Click on Add/Remove Programs

When the next box pops up with the list of things, go down and put a checkmark where it says "Password Keeper".

Click next/finish and it will install this onto your device.

Let us know how you make out.

imorris17 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I attempted my password 10 times and now my Blackberry 8310 does not work. Is there any way I can get my phone data back? Right now it won't even turn on.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try a battery pull and/or connecting to your Blackberry Desktop to wipe and restore from a past backup.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HughJass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2443424B
    but, will this restore an unlocked phone back to its original locked state?? or will it restore to factory w/o being locked again??