Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey guys, i JUST got a 7100g. Never done anything like a Blackberry before, and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jrees07 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Overwhelmed!!

Advertisement

Hey guys, i JUST got a 7100g. Never done anything like a Blackberry before, and i have no idea even where to start. Do i need to put something on my computer? what is enterprise activation? BIS? If anyone could give me Idiots Guide to Using a Blackberry, it would be more than helpful. -thanks already

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Re: Overwhelmed!!

jress07, lets start at square one, you are using your BB independint of any work email or enterprise server.

Yeah, ive got cingular wireless. I mostly bought it cause i could tell everyone that i got a blackberry. but i really want to do as much with it as possible, but right now its just a big phone cause i cant figure how to do anything with it

PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Basically there is BIS which is hosted by RIM and BES which is hosted by your company, assuming the run there own exchange server or other mail service that is compatible with BES. How ever that is irrelevant to your present situation.

Next question is, do you want just your email pushed or do you want to have all of your contacts, tasks, calendar ect. redirected to your BB.
    Last edited by diabloboi87; 11-01-2006 at 12:40 AM.

Um, email will do for me. I dont need it for business purposes really. Is there a web browser or something to view web pages on a 7100g?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You must sign up for a data plan to be able to browse the internet.

PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Jrees07 as cp6169 said you will need to sign up for a blackberry data service plan through your provider. Once you've done that they should provide you with a link to your bis webpage where you can set up to have upto 10? Email accounts pushed you your bb. How ever you don't get that simply google search "(insert provider) blackberry internet service" and select the first result. That page should prompt you for a user name and password or give you the option to creat an account. Select create an account and follow the instructions provided by rim. If you have any questions just ask. If you figure out how to send PIN messages and you have any questions feel free to pin me,pin= 40186E2E. Hope this helps.

Diabloboi87

PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ forgot to mention that once you have the data plan added to your account you'll get a service books sent to your bb that will allow you to surf the net.

Thanks for all the great stuff guys. Data pack like media net, or like a bb specific data package? i already have media net..

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

BB Specific will be your best bet.

K9tucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20379ea4

I have cingular and have the unlimited personal blackberry package. As far as email set up you have to make sure your bb's former owner cancelled the service with bis which is the blackberry company and totally separate from cingular~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

The data plan is BB specific if you have any other data plan your BB will not function to its full capacity. IF you only have the BB on your account I would call your provider and have them cancel the media net package and add the BB Data package, the reason I say cancel is that in some cases having two different data plans for one device can cause issues with the network.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

jrees07, although this has been mentioned already, perhaps its worth repeating. Unlike conventional mobys, even on a pre-pay basis, where you can have voice/txt/wap, with a BB you will have voice/txt only unless you take out a data add-on to a contract.

ok, new question. can i actually browse the internet on my bb? like hit up google or yahoo by entering the address... if not, could you guys explain to me how it works. -thanks again, this stuff is really helping

PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

OK this is an easy question. From your home screen scroll to "internet browser" and select it. Once in the browser click the track wheel and scroll down to "go to..." and enter the address you want to visit. For Google I suggest going to google.com/xhtml as it loads in BB friendly method.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast