Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by mhicks0038 Hey Mark Thanks for the info! I downloaded that and was ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Re: OS upgrade in BB 7105t

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mhicks0038
    Hey Mark

Thanks for the info! I downloaded that and was looking for the xml file....I"m sorry to be such a BB idiot but....does the file actually say 'vendor.xml'? I am not finding it.........
    It should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader. Deleting this file will allow an OS downloaded from a specific carrier to be loaded and used on a BB locked to any carrier. For example, I downloaded OS 4.2 from Vodafone (Germany), deleted the vendor.xml file, and installed the OS on a T-Mobile 8700g. I've heard that the portability of operating systems may be limited to technology; for example, an OS downloaded from a GSM provider will only work on other GSM phones, etc., but I don't know for sure if this is the case.

miloskorac no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down 7105t

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    The following is a copy/paste from a thread here at Pinstack. I can't find the thread using search right now (because I'm still half asleep) but these instructions work for transferring media files between memory-challenged BBs (which will never see a 4.2 OS) and the xxx (AntiSPAM: Only Stack Level 2 members are allowed to post URLs???). I use this process regularly for sending pictures to my (old) 7290:It's a bit of a process, but once you do it a few times it gets easy. I apologize to the author for not giving proper credit, but this morning I can't seem to find anything with the search box!
    Connect BB to computer
    1) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from your real Blackberry, then disconnect
    2) Download/Install the Blackberry JDE
    3) Start the MDS Simulator
    4) Start the BB Simulator (probably best to choose your specific model)
    5) Simulate a USB connection
    6) Restore the back up from 1) to the simulated BB
    7) Surf to the web site that has your ringtone in the BB Browser on the simulation then save it
    8) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from the simulated BB
    9) Disconnect/Close the simulated BB
    10) Connect your real BB
    11) Use Desktop Manager to perform a selected restore of the saved Content Space from 8)
    12) Go to Profiles>Show Tone and find your new content!

Also works for pictures
    Well, I spent few hours on this, and its not working at all.

I downloaded simulator for 7105t, started mds.exe so I can connect to the Internet (otherwise you can not....), downloaded few themes, one pic, and super mario. Anyway, I backed up real BB 7105t before that, simulated USB connection on virtual one, restored "STORE". Nothing happened, no changes on virtual,after when I downloaded and installed the themes etc. Made a "STORE" (CONTENT SPACE or where is content space?). Nothing passed to real BB, not even a pic.....

I am totally disappointed with blackberries, development from the factory, scam software websites from UK or Nigeria, no support for older machines that are over the night found not useful and some new BBs are so useful until the factory trought it to the garbage and makes more money on new editions.

Milos Korac

miloskorac no está en línea Stack level 1

Commodore 64

Had more fun with Commodore 64 (in 1987), 8bit, 64 kilobytes of RAM. And faster machine.

Sold it for 60 Deutsch Marks to buy a huge Panda toy for my girlfriend. In 1992. I was dreaming to buy a Floppy drive, but could not afford it, first mobile phones (a brick size) had price of over 8000 Deutsch Marks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123