Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by sn1p3r 4.2 won't be available for 7100 or 7105 series since they ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Plaskot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CD9C98

Re: OS upgrade in BB 7105t

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    4.2 won't be available for 7100 or 7105 series since they don'T have the intel processor, don't even know if there will be one for 7130 series.
    And for your ringtones, 7105t does not accept mp3 ringtones if it was the goal of the upgrade sorry

Hope this Helps

Sn1p3r
    Yes, I know, but my upgrade goal was using Media Manager, not only MP3 tones, it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    The following is a copy/paste from a thread here at Pinstack. I can't find the thread using search right now (because I'm still half asleep) but these instructions work for transferring media files between memory-challenged BBs (which will never see a 4.2 OS) and the WWW. I use this process regularly for sending pictures to my (old) 7290:It's a bit of a process, but once you do it a few times it gets easy. I apologize to the author for not giving proper credit, but this morning I can't seem to find anything with the search box!
    Thanks Could you give me any links to the software I need?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Plaskot,

What version of os do you have right now? The latest from TMO is 4.1.309.

Re: Re : OS upgrade in BB 7105t

4.2 won't be available for 7100 or 7105 series since they don'T have the intel processor, don't even know if there will be one for 7130 series.
    And for your ringtones, 7105t does not accept mp3 ringtones if it was the goal of the upgrade sorry

Hope this Helps

Sn1p3r
    Actually there is a 4.2 version for the 7130 series. I have tried it out.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Re: Re : OS upgrade in BB 7105t

Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain
    Actually there is a 4.2 version for the 7130 series. I have tried it out.
    You maybe tried it but not out from RIM since they are even not sure if they'll release it or not, maybe if you have good friends, with good jobs, you could have tried it
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Re: Re : Re: Re : OS upgrade in BB 7105t

You maybe tried it but not out from RIM since they are even not sure if they'll release it or not, maybe if you have good friends, with good jobs, you could have tried it
    I wish I had those connections that you speak of.

The os is from Hutch. Version 4.2.1.93.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaskot
    Thanks Could you give me any links to the software I need?
    Sure: Go here http://www.mobile41.com/theme_tools.htm and find JDE 4.1.0. Downloads and installs fast. You may need to install the latest java, but I'm not sure -- the JDE will tell you if you need that particular upgrade.

After installation of the JDE, it works like this: First, backup your content store on your real BB to somewhere on your harddrive where you know what it is. Then unplug the cable.

Second, from your Start menu, start "MDS". A DOS screen will open and it looks like a large BAT file runs. Note: You have to have your internet connection open.

Third, from your Start menu, start "Device Simulator". Another DOS screen opens, and then in a couple of seconds a simulated BB appears. I think, at this point, you can change the simulation to your BB, but I've never had to do it so I'm not sure how -- but it should be eezy. However, I'm 99 percent sure you don't have to have matching units for this to work, since in real life you can back up from one BB and restore to another model.

Fourth, simulate a USB connection. From the top menu on the simulator, choose "Simulate" and then "USB Cable Connection".

Fifth, start your Desktop Manager. It will respond as though the simulation is an actual BB! Then use the Desktop Manager to restore the content store that you backed up in step "First" to the simulation.

Sixth, using the simulation, surf around the internet to pictures/ringtones/etc you may like, and download them to the simulation.

Seventh, use the Desktop Manager to back up the content store from the Simulation. Then shut down all the programs, including MDS, the Simulation, and the desktop manager.

Eighth, connect your real BB via USB to the computer, start Desktop Manager, and restore the content store you backed up from the simulation in step "Seventh".

Voila! Pix and other stuff transferred to your pre-4.2 device!

Note: When you do a restore operation, it always erases current data before restoring. That's why it's essential to back up the real BB into the simulation, then the simulation back into the real BB, so you don't lose the stuff you already have on your real handheld.

All this sounds complicated, but after you do it a couple of times, it's really only a few mouse clicks!
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 07-05-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Re: Re : Re: Re : OS upgrade in BB 7105t

4.2 for the 7130 is available at the BB download site for GSM here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4 . There's a drop-down menu where you can choose 7130. To install it to a GSM handheld you would need to delete the vendor.xml file. It's v4.2.1.154 --

Plaskot no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CD9C98

Thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Plaskot
    Thanks Mark
    You're welcome, but thanks really belongs to the author of the piece I quoted earlier in the thread -- if I can figure out who it is, cuz I still can't find the quote. Anyone know this person?

Found him -- I think it was posted here first by a stacker named HuwSy, but he (or she) says thay got it from BBForums. Anyway, whoever, good thinking!

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3

Mark May You Cantact Me Please....i Am Havin Problems With My 7105t

Quote Originally Posted by danger872
    Mark May You Cantact Me Please....i Am Havin Problems With My 7105t
    Hi Danger 872 -- Go ahead and post your problem in a new thread, then many ppl will be able to view it and they can help. Look forward to seeing it!

mhicks0038 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mark, can you tell me where I can find software for the BB 7105 (4.1 OS)? I have an unlocked phone and am on Cingular's network....I can't find it anywhere......
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by mhicks0038
    Mark, can you tell me where I can find software for the BB 7105 (4.1 OS)? I have an unlocked phone and am on Cingular's network....I can't find it anywhere......
    Melissa
    Right here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Choose the software for the 7100g, then after it's downloaded and installed on your computer, delete the "vendor.xml" file. You can use "Search" on your computer to find it. It's version 4.1.0.377, which is what I use on mine.

mhicks0038 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Mark

Thanks for the info! I downloaded that and was looking for the xml file....I"m sorry to be such a BB idiot but....does the file actually say 'vendor.xml'? I am not finding it.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast