I am about to purshase a BB 7100i. I am omly interested in receiving e-mail ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Papa Jim no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Opera Mini

Advertisement

I am about to purshase a BB 7100i. I am omly interested in receiving e-mail & getting on web sites to trade stocks. I have been reading about the using Opera Mini 3.0.6540 for a web browser. Does anyone know if this is better than the browser that comes installed?
    Thank You
    Papa Jim

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Opera Mini

Hello Papa Jim and Welcome to the Stacks. I think that both browsers are helpful. A lot of people like the Opera mini browser for the way it displays pages. Also Opera will access certain web sites that the installed browser will not. I think, other than that, it's a matter of preference.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello Papa, welcome to pinstack. I prefer the BlackBerry Browser because it is faster to surf, but I like Opera Mini because it gives more of a real browsing experience.

SweetDicJT no está en línea Stack level 1

If you're cheap like me and don't want to pay the extra 30 bucks Opera is for you!

Listen to these guys though, they know what they're talking about!

mac725 no está en línea Stack level 1

As far as I know the Opera browser is free.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, Opera is free. There are a few pages that I use the regular browser for, only because I have them set up as bookmarks on it and am too lazy to add them to Opera bookmarks. I use Opera Mini as my main browser though. It just works better......as an example, if you want to look at myspace (I check up on my stepkids--lol), you can't access it from the BB browser without the Google redierector thing....and then it is still not easy or well-displayed. Opera makes it pretty easy to view and mess around with.

Lovellbird

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use both regularly. Having google and wikipedia searches on the start screen is nice right off the bat. As above, many pages are displayed much better, particularly eBay, wikipedia, rotten tomatoes (Which if you aren't familiar with, I highly recommend using it starting NOW--most useful tool for movie selection EVER!), and as mentioned above myspace. Message boards for the most part are better with BB browser.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

I prefer the opera overall to the Blackberry Browser mostly because the pages are much more like surfing on your computer rather than a handheld. That's not to say that the Opera does not have it's quirks.. I do notice sometimes pages fail to load and you have to go back and reload them.. other than that my preference is with Opera.

Tulsadriller no está en línea Stack level 2

So if i were to download opera mini,i wouldnt have to pay my service provider for internet service?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

techytom no está en línea Stack level 2

On an 8100, how can you set up Opera Mini to be your MAIN BROWSER?

Thanks!

armena no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone get the error 3.0.6 alot on opera mini???other then that I love it!!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use both regularly.
    many pages are displayed much better, rotten tomatoes
    Greetings Yellowfin, You have the best Avatar I've ever seen... very cool!

Regarding browsers, I'm with you. I use both Opera and the BB browser. They each have their advantages and having a choice is really nice.

I have a question please. It's regarding Java, I have searched and read mixed reports. Is the default setting off? Is is best left that way, or is it better to toggle it on? Finally how do I find it, I must be blind because I looked everywhere and don't seem to find it. I have both an 8700c & 7130c that I try to keep configured as identically as possible.

Thanks!

Selva no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I downloaded it ...and it's awesome...it opens most of the pages I couldn't before thru my default browser

juched no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by armena
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does anyone get the error 3.0.6 alot on opera mini???other then that I love it!!!
    I am getting error 3.0.6 ever since an update was installed on the BES. What can I do for this? Any ideas? They claim there were no policy changes made.

greenmr no está en línea Stack level 2

I really like the Opera Mini browser, I have used Opera on my desktop for years so it is familiar. My only negative observation is that unlike the regular browser, you cannot save pics or ringtones and stuff to your phone from a website. Unless I am missing something this means Opera Mini will never be a 100% browsing solution for me.