First time poster and relatively inexperienced in the world of BB. I've been all over ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

crystal0166 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Open wma attachment on 7130e

Advertisement

First time poster and relatively inexperienced in the world of BB. I've been all over this site and can't find an answer to my question, but I will say that the library of information stored here is amazing. Wow.

My question is, our external PBX sends our voice mails as wma files attached to emails, which is great if I'm on my laptop. Is there any way to open the attached wma files from my BB? If I receive, for example, a pdf file, the "Open Attachment" option is available from the phone menu and I can open the file; it is not available when the attachment is a wma file. I would like to be able to open the file and listen to the voice mail without having to go through the voice mail system. How's that for lazy?

I have a 7130e with nothing on it other that what came out of the box. (I told you I am a rookie.) Is there any other information you need to take a shot at my question?

Thanks for any help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Open wma attachment on 7130e

crystal0166, Welcome to PinStack.

I don't think it is possible with the current OS. I don't know of any BB that will play a wma file, especially as an attachment to an email.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

crystal0166 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Open wma attachment on 7130e

Thank you for the response.

That seems consistent with everything else I've been able to find, but I thought I would see what the experts had to say. I guess I'll have to keep checking my voice mail the old-fashioned way.

Great site. I'll definitely be back.

darrylbran no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal0166 View Post
    First time poster and relatively inexperienced in the world of BB. I've been all over this site and can't find an answer to my question, but I will say that the library of information stored here is amazing. Wow.

My question is, our external PBX sends our voice mails as wma files attached to emails, which is great if I'm on my laptop. Is there any way to open the attached wma files from my BB? If I receive, for example, a pdf file, the "Open Attachment" option is available from the phone menu and I can open the file; it is not available when the attachment is a wma file. I would like to be able to open the file and listen to the voice mail without having to go through the voice mail system. How's that for lazy?

I have a 7130e with nothing on it other that what came out of the box. (I told you I am a rookie.) Is there any other information you need to take a shot at my question?

Thanks for any help.
    Few systems have support for WMA. Just convert it to MP3. It is easy and quick anyway.