I have bought black berry 7100 which is T-Mobile unlocked. I am in india and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

SeshuC no está en línea Stack level 1

oops!!! not able to use my handheld for IM and Browsing

Advertisement

I have bought black berry 7100 which is T-Mobile unlocked.
    I am in india and opted for GPRS from Airtel. Service Provider said it is enabled GPRS for my account.
    But i see only small gprs on my phone with data connection refuse.
    I would like to use my handheld only for browsing and chating from IM(Yahoo, MSN, googletalk)

i do not see any browser icon and no service books nothing in my handheld. TCP and HRT etc.. when i try to register HRT nothing i got.

when i try to use Yahoo Messagenr it says Communication error.
    Where should i get browser and service books for my handhel to use IM and browsing.

Please help!!!

Thanks, Seshu

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: oops!!! not able to use my handheld for IM and Browsing

Hello Seshu and Welcome to the Stacks. For your service books, go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now. That should send your service books and your browser. Let us know if this works for you.

jc.ve no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, guys! Very nice forum! Congratulations
    I bought my BB 7100t unlocked from eBay and I can't browse the web neither send/receive emails. It was configured for T-Mobile, and had some Service Books. I installed the BB Desktop Manager v. 4.0.1.12 and updated my BB. Now doesn't have Service Books and still can't navigate/email.
    My carrier is Digitel, in Venezuela. Do you know how to configure my BB to solve this problems?
    Thanks in advance, 'cause I know you'll think about this!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

SeshuC, Welcome to PinStack.

Make sure that the plan that aircell avtivated is a BlackBerry Data plan and not just the GPRS data plan. You have to have a Blackberry Plan for access to the internet.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jc.ve, Welcome to PinStack, also.

The same advice goes for your problem. If you have a Blackberry Data Plan activated on your Account, go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and from the Menu select Register Now. If that doesn't work call you carrier and see about setting up a Blackberry Data Plan on your account.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    jc.ve, Welcome to PinStack, also.

The same advice goes for your problem. If you have a Blackberry Data Plan activated on your Account, go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and from the Menu select Register Now. If that doesn't work call you carrier and see about setting up a Blackberry Data Plan on your account.

Rcbjr
    lol everytime im about to answer someone's question rcbjr you get there first, but its good you know more than I do anyways.

jc.ve no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Rcbjr (and husnain1) :P

Digitel (Venezuela's GSM carrier, until now) doesn't support BB. My plan is just the gprs. I already had try the Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now solution (as well as many other configuration settings changes -but not shure on what I was trying :P. You can't blame on me for trying! hehehe-). But you're wright: if there is no BB data plan available, there can't be BB services.

But I don't quit! I hope the biggest mobile co in my country goes GSM soon, and give BB services.

Note: If there is any no sense phrases in my posts, please let me know. I'm not sure about my english skills. I apologize in advance.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sorry, No BB data plan = no bb data services, you're stuck with just a phone with limited PIM capabilities and some games.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer