I was wanting to get some new themes. Turns out I have the old 4.0... ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tarful no está en línea Stack level 1

O.S. upgrade

Advertisement

I was wanting to get some new themes. Turns out I have the old 4.0... O.S. So, I went through the processes of downloading the newest upgrades form the blackberry/cingular site. I followed their directions, but the only change was on the desktop software, not on the BB.

I was curious to see if the phone being a former T-Mobile made a difference. It is now unlocked and in use with Cingular. If I install the upgrade for Cingular, will it remove all of the settings for my GPRS, or will it stay the same?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: O.S. upgrade

It will stay the same and the only thing you will maybe have to do and send back the service books

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you just download the upgrade for the Desktop Manager, or did you download and execute the latest version of the operating system? If the latter, did you delete the vendor.xml file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tarful no está en línea Stack level 1

That was the key.... deleting the vendor.xml file.

She's up and running, thanks!

bkelran no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CF755C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23CF755C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi there that is the question I have been wondering about. I downloaded the desktop manager 4.1 and I am unable to download what I believe is the hand held device software and every time I try to download it the file gets most of the way then the server resets. Any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    23CF755C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi there that is the question I have been wondering about. I downloaded the desktop manager 4.1 and I am unable to download what I believe is the hand held device software and every time I try to download it the file gets most of the way then the server resets. Any suggestions?