Yup, only had the thing a few hours and already found a way to screw ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

NXTl and "No System Software was found"

Advertisement

Yup, only had the thing a few hours and already found a way to screw it up. My dealer fiddled with it, told me it was downloading the browser and that the small "l" would turn to a large "L". Never did. I fat fingered it and deleted the browser from applications. Desktop manager says "No System Software Was Found For Your Device Contact Your System administrator or service provider for information on obtaining device system software"

Any ideas? Guess I shouldn't have deleted the "browser" Otherwise the phone and direct connect work fine.

Regards,

Roveer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: NXTl and "No System Software was found"

First thing, have you activated a data plan? If so go to nextel.blackberry.com and sign in to BIS. From there you will see service books on the left side, click that and send service books. The browser should appear within a few moments. Try that, let us know.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Make sure to download and install the latest Desktop Manager 4.0 or later.

This problem may be caused by...

the BlackBerry device software is not installed on your computer. (Some service providers do not bundle the desktop software and the device software in the same installation file.)

BlackBerry device software is installed on your computer, but the software does not match the device model you have connected to the computer. For example, this message will appear if software for the BlackBerry 8750 Wireless Handheld is installed on your computer, but your computer is connected to a BlackBerry 7250 Wireless Handheld. This can occur if you upgrade your device and plug in the USB to your computer before installing the necessary device software on your computer.

For instructions on how to identify the device software you have installed on your computer (if any), see the Additional Information section.

To identify the device software you have installed on your computer
    1. In Desktop Manager, click Help > About Desktop Manager.
    2. Click the Device Software tab. The device software is listed. If the tab is blank, there is no device software installed.

Most common fix:

1. Disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer.
    2. Go to your service provider’s web site and download the latest device software and service packs for your BlackBerry device.
    3. Install the software on your computer. For installation instructions, see the BlackBerry Upgrade Instructions (attached).
    4. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    5. Run the Application Loader tool in Desktop Manager.

The Device Application Selection screen lists the software installed on your device and the software available for installation.

Good luck!

also see:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_install.html
    Attached Files Attached Files

Read another message about the small "l" and did a reboot and resent the service book from the web site and now I have a large "L". Will now update device software and service packs as well as desktop manager. Will report back. How frigg'n real time is this!!! I love you guys.

Roveer

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

glad to hear everything is ok Roveer, and if I haven't said it yet, Welcome to the land of BlackBerry Freedom aka Pinstack!

Crazy, my big "L" turned back into a small "l" while I wasn't looking. What gives??? Guess I may be calling nextel before the night is over. Made no changes.

Roveer

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

where are you located, I have been having alot of problems myself with nextel and Im in long island

PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Chris between you and me and everyone else reading this post, Nextel's service isn't what it used to be, although I have gotten better service with the black berry I still have ****** service!

I'm in northern NJ. Very strange. the big "L" seems to appear after a hard reset but then dissapears soon after. Here are my rev's

desktop manager 4.1.0.8
    device manager 4.1.0.9
    BBDevMgr 1.4.0.13
    RIM usb driver 1.4.0.12
    serial driver 1.1.0.16.

Phone says it's at 4.1.0.136 platform 2.0.0.44

Does this all look good?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Also found from our friends at allblackberry.com (scroll)
    http://allblackberry.com/news/2006/0...-applications/

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Well, no joy for tonight and I missed Nextel's customer care window. Will have to try again tomorrow. Still couldn't get a large "L" so I'm not getting data services for some reason.

Anyone know how to reload a deleted "browser"??? I stupidly deleted from applications.

Roveer

Spoke with Nextel blackberry support this morning and they are telling me that they are having an outage which is possibly what is responsible for the small "l" and no data services. Not sure that I believe them, but they also told me they have been having the problem since the 28th. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence if they are having multi-day outages on their network. Not a great introduction to blackberry technology so far...

Regards,

Roveer

I've resolved all of my original problems.

A second call to Nextel blackberry support yielded a master radio reset which cleared up the small "l" issue. First tech was reluctant to do this but that was the fix.

A reinstall of blackberry manager from nextel's web link and apprantly an install of the nextel data software seems to have resolved my inability to talk to the blackberry from the computer

A reinstall of the blackberry apps (including browser) fixed my fat fingered deletion of the browser

All is working now.

Regards,

Roveer