Hey, I just got a 7130, am in love, a workaholic, and for some reason, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

sirbateman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E43563

Not receiving all Hotmail on 7130c

Advertisement

Hey,
    I just got a 7130, am in love, a workaholic, and for some reason, am having problems not getting all my hotmail email onto my bb. I use Outlook at work for other accounts on my bb, and at home for my hotmail and a gmail account. BIS seems to work fine with every email account except for hotmail.
    My initial thought was that it was a cingular service issue - I work in and out of service areas, but that seems less and less plausible. Tried deleting and reinitializing the email account thru the bb, but to no avail.
    soymilk and cookies to whoever can help.

thx.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    sirbateman, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not familiar with Hotmail on BBs, but I have heard a lot of problems concerning it. I don't think is has to do with Cingular. Hopefully someone will be along and give you more information soon. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Unless you have the paid Hotmail "plus", it will not work with your BlackBerry.

This is strictly a limit which Microsoft has placed on their Hotmail service. It has nothing to do with your carrier or your BlackBerry.

PIN/ID
    23E43563
    So what you're saying is that they intentionally will only allow some messages to go through, nonselectively, randomly, out of the clear blue sky? That seems hard to believe. It's not as if I'm only receiving emails from certain domains, or anything seemingly filtered. It's totally random.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Are you saying that some of the email from your hotmail account gets forwarded to your BB and some doesn't? That wasn't clear in the original post. I understood that you were not getting any from the Hotmail account, which is typical of the hotmail problems with BB, from what I have read.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    23E43563
    Correct. Sorry for the confusion. Of the email sent to my hotmail account, I'm only receiving roughly half on the BB. Again, as far as I can tell, there is no rhyme or reason to what is pushed, and what gets left behind.

Thx.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    When you use outlook to read you Hotmail account, does it pull the emails from Hotmail. If so, the ones you are not getting on your BB are no longer on the Hotmail server to be read. You need to set up your Outlook Email Account Settings to Leave Mail On Server when it checks the Hotmail account.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    23E43563
    Yeah, that's not the problem. I have the issue even when Outlook isn't launched, and isn't pulling off the server. The way I discovered that I wasn't receiving all my email was that I launched Outlook after being away for 2 days...so there wasn't even an opportunity to pull from the hotmail server.

I'm clueless.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Me too, Sorry, I don't use Hotmail.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

elmarplatens no está en línea Stack level 2
    hi I had a problem like that I call my SP and they told me. blackberry have problems with hotmail and the only solution is to have a pay account and fowarded all ur e-mails to a blackberry account thi is all I know

PIN/ID
    23E43563
    Seems like the general consensus is (and this is not new) that Hotmail was great for what it was in 1998. And when you've had an account for 8 years, and everyone has the addy, it's hard to let go.

But maybe the time has come.

Thanks all for your support and savvy.

-sirbateman

Zigzag Media Guest
    I have the same model (7130c) and provider as well as a hotmail paid account and it seems to work fine for me right out of the box (so to speak).

Edit to mention...The only way I was able to use Hotmail with another email client (Outlook, etc) is to use a program called Hotmail Popper. Works great.