Hi, Have just got my hands on a 7130v (it might be a UK specific ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Lamebot no está en línea Stack level 1

No service on 7130v

Advertisement

Hi,

Have just got my hands on a 7130v (it might be a UK specific model for Vodafone as far as I can figure out). Having installed my SIM and gone to turn the Wireless on, I get no networks at all ... it just shows "No Service". I've tried a manual roam and I get nothing.

I've spent the day speaking to my service provider and have been through all the diagnostics at their end and I don't have a problem with my SIM, it's also working absolutely fine in my Nokia, so it's not a SIM or coverage issue. So it looks like it's the handheld.

Does anyone know of this issue? Is it just faulty or might there be a way around it?

Thanks for any help

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: No service on 7130v

Hi Lamebot, welcome to pinstack. Busy day on the forums, someone will get to your question shortly.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Lamebot, Welcome to PinStack.

As CP said it's been a busy couple of days on PinStack and Off. Now let's ask all the usual and necessary questions when it come to problems like this. First, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan associated with your phone Account with vodafone? That is the first requirement. Without knowning the answer to that question I really can't know where to start.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks guys for your replies ... and a little bump too

I do have a data plan. I've registered the device successfully and been over it and double-checked it all with my supplier in the most boring possible way!

I don't think it's related though. I've tried 3 different SIMs in the BlackBerry and even if the phone wasn't registered for them, it should still at least FIND networks. It fails to find any, ever (just comes up "No Service", and a manual scan times out without finding any) ... I'm guessing the phone is no good, but wondered if anyone knows of it, and if maybe it's a software issue that I could sort out somehow?

Thanks again for your help

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Has it ever worked? Just a thought, I know this won't be the problem, but I'm grasping at straws here, hoping you don't have a bad Radio, but scroll to the little Icon with the radio antenna and see if it says Turn Radio On. If so click it and see what happens.

I guess you could try to reload the OS on your BB, just to verify it's not an OS problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Nope, it was an eBay buy that appears to have gone tragically wrong. I'd tried turning on the radio (endlessly) and praying for some activity, but I think it's just dead.

Have now reinstalled OS too, but hasn't made any difference.

I was just praying for a miracle, but i'll have to chalk this one up to experience ... thanks for your time though

AlexG no está en línea Stack level 1

Not sure where you are located but if the Blackberry is the UK Vodafone model it is likely to be the GSM/GPRS 7100v. Suggest you check the full spec on the Blackberry website to see whether its compatible with your SIM/Service Provider.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hi Lamebot. You have a BIS data plan from a US carrier right? When you switch on with that carrier's SIM, what do you see? Assuming the radio is switched on,the top right of your device screen will show your wireless network coverage status. Level 1 is GSM level 2 is gprs and level 3 is GPRS or EDGE You can't access the internet or send/receive emails unless you are at level 3. If the answer is yes to option 3, can you see an internet browser icon in the home screen? If not, go to Options (Wrench symbol) then advanced options then Host Routing Table and click on Register. The BB does a sweep each 15 minutes so wait that long to see if an internet icon appears. If not, I don't think the forum can help, you will have to talk to your service provider.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

AlexG, Welcome to PinStack and thanks for the advice.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer